PDA

View Full Version : Vandals strike again.... :(

adrianp
14-04-2003, 07:42 AM
Well theve done it again....

My car has once again been the target for our local vandals...

This time they tried to get into the car through the hood. they've ripped the 2 bottom corners and half of the edging around the edge.

Didn't get in though... So now I've got to find somewhere to have a new hood made up.

Hopefully the place that did my seats will be able to help out with it but they are normally very busy so I'll just have to wait and see...

A very pi$$ed off

Ady.
:suicide:

Paul w
14-04-2003, 08:44 AM
They are just scum ade, maybe you need some cctv!

Who was it that was saying they had a mohair hood done? Maybe you can get one in blue??

PW

:explode:

adrianp
14-04-2003, 10:38 AM
Well I've been to the people who did my seats and typically they don't do roofs...:rolleyes:

But they did give me the details of a local place that does so I've been to see them instead.

They have done a couple of beats before for a local import garage so know how to do them.

They actually recon that they can repair mine because 99% of the damage is the stitching giving way (due to age??) rather than tearing.

They are going to give me a couple of quotes, 1 to repair this hood and 1 to make a new one in Dark Blue Vinyl.

I should have the quotes sometime tomorrow due to the main guy not getting back off holiday until tonight.

Hopefully the quotes won't be too bad

I'll update soon

Adrian.
(Still pi$$ed off but not so much now...)
:mad:

Robin
14-04-2003, 11:25 AM
Sorry to hear about the damage Ade.
Some people are so pathetic arent they!! I can never understand vandals and i dont think i ever will. WHat goes through the mind of somene who would pointlessy ruin another persons property?? Maybe thats the point maybe nothing goes through there tiny pea sized minds.

As for your roof Ade if they do a mohair roof i would highly recomend it above a vinyl one. I know they are a bit more money but they really are worth the extra.

Hope all goes ok with

Robin
:)

Just out of interest Ade how much was it to get your seats covered?

adrianp
14-04-2003, 01:19 PM
Hi Robin,

The place that did my seats is a small (but good quality) firm here in Ipswich who aren't VAT registered so what they quote is what you pay...:D

They charged me about £220 to do both seats and re-make the roof cover in Yellow to match the car...

I'm looking at getting them to copy the tonneau cover next but that will have to wait until I get the roof sorted.

Hopefully it will just need repairing (sounds hopefull) but I'll know more tomorrow.

Adrian

(Now starting to accept the inevitable...):rolleyes:

tinytim
14-04-2003, 09:04 PM
Sorry to hear about your roof Ade. If your location is right you could set up a CCTV system for surprisingly little. I've just invested in a broadcasting system for £129 but you could just go for a low light, hard wire camera for less than £30. Plumb it in with a PIR security light and you'll have a video that the police would probably tell you is illegal or something.

On another note, I'd be very interested to know what you're quoted for a new roof. I got a spare frame from Phill as I was going to put a black canvass one made up but,,,,,

It's got a tatty but useable cover still fitted, if you need a loaner, let me know.

Tim

adrianp
14-04-2003, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the offer Tim,

Luckily, once the brackets has been straightened (or re-bent...) back to normal, the hood actually looks suprisingly normal...

I've managed to attach the front clips onto their pegs and the roof is sitting quite tight at the moment.

The main damage is (luckily) only to the stitching. so should be able to be repaired quite easily. With only (hopefully) the edging actually needing replacing over the windows...

I think that if the stitching had been new then it would have trashed the hood but being old it gave way before any real damage was done...

I wouldn't say no to cctv but I have to park it on the road (in a layby) at night so it's not really practical (but I'll have a look around)

Thanks for all your messages

Adrian

Midship
14-04-2003, 09:55 PM
Really sorry to hear that Adrian, I know how it feels-the same thing happened to me almost a year ago now.

Try not to let it get you down too much, I was so annoyed when it happened to me but I was happy it was still out side my house instead of a field burned out.

Let us know what the repair/new hood is like

Adam
15-04-2003, 12:58 AM
Sorry to hear about that!

That is my worst nightmare. I could hang them by the b.... for that. Its things like these that make you want to become a vigilante. I hope you get things sorted.

Jason
15-04-2003, 08:30 AM
Adrian,

I'm sorry to hear about your car. :(

Jason

ozsamurai
15-04-2003, 10:23 AM
Sorry to hear about the mishap Jason, castration is just too good for 'em.

The question you posted about the ECU is updated on the homepage...thanks for the reminder

On the thread of new soft tops, did you find anyone in Oz that will make them, I'd sure like to include them on my site and maybe even buy one myself??

Regards

Ozsamurai

http://www.angelfire.com/ms3/ozsamurai

Tamsin Nunley
15-04-2003, 10:28 AM
Adrian - that sucks! - the b*****ds!!

I hope it all gets sorted.

Re cctv - the problem is, these days, even if you do 'catch someone in the act' the police rarely seem to have the time to follow it up :(

Hope your Beat is back to looking spankingly good now though!

And what's the difference between mohair and vinyl? Is mohair stronger, or does it just look better?

Anyway.. *takes mental baseball bat to vandal's heads* ...sorry to hear about what happened.

adrianp
17-04-2003, 06:36 PM
Well...

The company near me in Ipswich (Max Creasey, Vehicle Upholstery, Kesgrave) have now said that they won't do the work on my roof...

They say that it is too dificult to take the roof off and put back... (yeah right)

The thing is, I wasn't just going to get them to repair the roof but after they had done that (so I could see their work quality) I was going to get them to do me a complete new roof also...

Still their refusal is another companies gain...!!!

Now, has anyone had a new roof made that they are happy with??

If so can I have the details so that I can see if they have a pattern so that they can make me one up and ship it over to me so that I can fit it...

Ta in advance

Adrian.
:bounce:

Steve_M
17-04-2003, 07:24 PM
It was Max Creasey that Roz used to re-edge her roof, they did a great job on it. I think they helped her to remove and refit the roof.

Any how its quite easy to remove the roof covering, I know you do have to drill out a few pop rivets etc.

Roger Fountain knows someone who will sort Beat roofs, he is getting mine re-edged, £50 he tells me. He was impressed with the work they did on his. I think they make roofs as well, other wise Phil B can get them made.

HTH

adrianp
17-04-2003, 08:05 PM
Ta Steve,

I gather that they have changed their minds when it comes to beats then...

Oh well, never mind. I think I'll leave it untill after the weekend so that people have chance to post any details that they might have and then I'll start the search to find a replacement at a reasonable price...

Anyway, I should get my FTO tomorrow so that will give me something else to play with...!!!!

Adrian.

P.S.

I like the new pic, very lifelike...
:p

P.P.S.

Whopee, I've now hit 200 posts...:D