PDA

View Full Version : Think you'd like to help?

ozsamurai
16-04-2003, 05:29 AM
Alot of people from this wonderful forum have already popped into my page..thanks all...anyway...it's a bit of a one man show at the moment. I'd like to ask if anyone that would like to contribute a page of something useful , please send it in....I am busy translating Japanese information from this side, so, if there are any burning issues that may have already been answered on the Japan, side I'll find 'em. So let me me know what they are.

Currently working on the limiter issue!

you can submit info to my email

ozsamurai@hotmail.com

or go to the homepage at

OZsamurai's Beat Page (http://www.angelfire.com/ms3/ozsamurai) :help:

adrianp
16-04-2003, 08:59 PM
Hi,

Unless this is the limiter problem you are refering to....

Do you think you could have a look and see if there is any info on why my (and others) Beat only revs to 7250???

We have tried/replaced the following bits on my car

Tried known good ECU
Changed Distributor
Changed Plugs
Changed Fuel Filter
Changed Air Filter
Changed Timing Belt (Timing Perfect)
Changed Cyl Position Sensor

New Plug Leads arriving soon
Alternative Exhaust being tried soon

Is there anything you can think of that we might have missed??

Many thanks

Adrian.
UKHBC No.59
Ipswich

Paul
17-04-2003, 08:26 AM
Have you tried plugging the ecu into a computer and using the aldl (assembly line diagnostic link) to read the sensor outputs?

ozsamurai
17-04-2003, 09:21 AM
Yep, that's the limiter issue, I have had preliminary contact with a fairly reliable beat vetran here, that says when he did the ECU condenser replacements, he took of the speed limiter relay just for shits and giggles, he claims he rounded out at 9100 rpm, then chickened out! he goes on to say that at those rpms, he could forsee 140-160kmph, I think he's dreaming.... Anyway, I have contacted my mate who is over in the ECU design section (I work at HONDA) if anyone decided to read the profile, and he is onto checking it out, possible or not/ is your Beat going to die if you do.

I will meet Mr. 1609kmph at the MTB (meet the beat) May 11th and see if he's on the level and get him to point out what he did... when it's all together...it'll be posted on my page.

Until then keep them coming....also, another request for all to get out and write something up for posterity, just what you know already from screwing around (pardon my french) with your own Beat would be great!

ozsamurai
25-04-2003, 05:53 AM
page updated with limiter info