PDA

View Full Version : Temperature Gauge

Midship
21-04-2003, 12:37 AM
My beat is back on the road! Ive done 200Kms on it no oil leaks or oil useage yet anyway! I must say every cent and the endless hours of work I put into it was worth it, its like brand-new! Id like the thank Adam for coming down and giving me a hand with some of the work!

Theres just one little problem that has to be sorted now- the temperature gauge aint working anymore! None of the fuses seem to be gone and the connector seems to be connected up correctly (the one under the dizzy?) Anyone have any suggestions? It was all working before the rebuild, it must be something that ive done

Also a question for Steve, how many Km`s did you allow for your engine to be run in? What sort of revs were you doing?

Any help appreciated!

:D

Midship
21-04-2003, 01:05 AM
A Few Pics from the rebuild

Midship
21-04-2003, 01:06 AM
The engine

Midship
21-04-2003, 01:08 AM
The two beats :)

Midship
24-04-2003, 06:23 PM
Dose anyone know if theres a fuse for the temperature gauge?

I Removed the Aircon from my car could this be the reason why the temp gauge isnt working?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated

Steve_M
24-04-2003, 08:01 PM
Hi John

I tried to stay below 6000 rpm for a while just to let things bed in a bit, but it is hard.

You could try earthing the wire on the Temp Gauge sender on the water elbow. This should make the gauge read max. Are you sure its connected? there are the two sensors there, the twin wire one for the PGM-FI system and then the single wire one for the Temp gauge. Could be a poor earth on the water elbow??

There is not a seperate fuse for the Temp Gauge, its a common ignition feed for all gauges.

HTH

Midship
24-04-2003, 09:01 PM
Thanks Steve!

Ill have a look and the connections again, thats prob the problem as it was all working before.

Ive limited myself to a 3000-4000rpm max for the first 1000km and was worried i was being a bit harsh on it! Can wait to hear the roar of 9000 RPM with the new exhaust and induction system :D

Thanks again!