PDA

View Full Version : How do I purg the air out of the cooling sytem

hondaslayer
29-04-2009, 01:42 AM
I just repaired the front of my Beat & in doing so I needed to remove the radiator & fans assembly. Now that it's all back together I have over heating trouble.

Not sure if the thermostat has stuck or if I have a air bubble in the long lines running to the engine. Any instructions on the proper way to purge the air from the lines or any suggestions would be great.

beardo
29-04-2009, 09:01 AM
You won't get an air bubble in the lines under the car. When the car is cold fill the rad to the top and the expansion bottle to the line. Then run the engine up to operating temp and make sure the fan kicks in at least once. The when it's cold check the levels again. You may have to add a little more coolant if there was air in the system somewhere. After that the level should stay the same. If not check for leaks.

Steve_M
29-04-2009, 10:24 AM
When refilling cooling system, remove the front cooling system cap and fill from the rear expansion bottle until coolant comes out of front cap.

Refit front cap and then run engine up to temp with expansion bottle cap off.

some assistance in getting air out of system can be gained by also removing EACV valve pipe when filling system. (as per picture)