PDA

View Full Version : help please exhausts

Andrew Fisher
30-04-2003, 09:47 PM
Oh dear I thought that was the noise it was meant to make, and I got a superduper Honda service and cambelt change a month ago and they never said anything, but I went for an MOT today and apparently I've got a hole in my downpipe.

Am I right in thinking all exhaust bits are unavailable? Does anyone have a secondhand exhaust, or is that as rare as a singing caterpillar?

Any help deliriously welcome - my tax runs out at the end of May!

Adam
30-04-2003, 09:54 PM
Hi Andrew,

Can you not get it welded? Or you can get a stainless steel one made to order if you have some cash to burn.

tinytim
30-04-2003, 10:41 PM
I'm with Adam.
Weld the bleeder
Check that you've actually got a hole and how big it is,,,(and that it's in the down pipe) before you start messing about.
Just for your info this is the pertenent bit from the MOT.

"a. A major leak of exhaust gases from any part of the system

Note: A minor exhaust leak from, for example, a connection joint or a pin hole, is not a Reason for Rejection"

Tim

Midship
30-04-2003, 11:54 PM
Only hole in your downpipe? Mine fell off! got a new one welded on and got a hole in it patched up for 25 euro thats about £18, it passed the NCT over here when i had it fixed.
My advice would be to get it welded as Adam and Tinytim said

:)

Steve_M
01-05-2003, 07:04 AM
Genuine exhaust parts are available. Unfortunately they are not cheap and can also take a while to get as they are not normally stocked in europe but japan sourced.

Other wise depending on the extent of the hole, some repair is most likely possible if not getting a new piece made up.

HTH

Paul w
01-05-2003, 03:20 PM
Some might say 'coke can and two jubilee clips' but you wouldnt get advice like that on here.....no way!!

:eek:

PW

Andrew Fisher
01-05-2003, 08:57 PM
Many thanks for everyone's replies - much appreciated.

peterknowles69
03-06-2003, 05:01 PM
See, the exhaust thread!!
Cheers

Pete & Sue