PDA

View Full Version : Installing a RF modulator

dannyboy
15-05-2003, 01:49 AM
AAArgh..............

Now thats off my chest, have a Alpine RF Modulator which allows me to connect a MP3 player to a car stereo.

Installlation should be fairly straight forward if I could just get the damn stereo out! (@#$&*!)

Have removed plastic surround around Gear stick,can see under stereo,was hoping there was something that just needed push/pull/engaging to release unit.

Not worked on any car stereo before that didn't just come out easliy.

Have browsed all the sites I could link to,but no luck on the procedure.

Would much rather do this myself than have to get someone to do it for me.

Dboy

adrianp
15-05-2003, 05:35 AM
Hi Danny,

Quite an easy one this (hopefully)

Unfortunately, you didn't need to remove any of the trim to get at the stereo...

On each side of the stereo, there should be a couple of screws that just need to be undone and the unit should then just pull out, You just need to make sure the gearknob is out of the way (2nd or 4th) to give you some extra room

The screws should be hidden just under the top edges of the carpet that covers the sides of the centre tunnel.

I do have some pictures but they are on my other hard drive that isn't connected at the moment...

Hope this helps

Adrian.
:bounce:

dannyboy
15-05-2003, 07:19 AM
Kinda crafty these Japs eh, all this carpeted interior stuff.

Coming from from a mini owner, to a fully fitted and covered bits Honda is a a bit of a journey..............however its awsome to find this`ll be a nice easy one.

Thanks heaps Adrian.

DannyBoy

Any idea of the specs for the factory speakers in me doors?

Paul w
15-05-2003, 12:03 PM
Radio Removal instructions (http://freespace.virgin.net/btc.rollout/beatext/radio.htm)

The link above shows the screws and much more. If you are viewing it above 1024x768 screen resolution, it may be a bit screwy, but it was a while ago when i did it! not quite as fancy in them days!

PW

dannyboy
16-05-2003, 12:47 AM
Nice one guys.........couldn`t have been more helpful

Dboy