PDA

View Full Version : Air filter

Robin
21-05-2003, 11:06 AM
DOes anyone know if a replacement air filter is available for the beat, something like a k&n. i dont want an induction kit though as you have to disclose it to the insurance company. i just want a repacement sports air filter.
thanks guys.

Adam
21-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Hi Robin,

I had a post there earlier bout that.

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=271&highlight=omega

Robin
21-05-2003, 01:53 PM
Would that be classed as an induction kit though?

Adam
21-05-2003, 07:15 PM
Well the cone has an openning from the top and it fits right into side went. So the air is forced into the engine and thats what an induction kit does. I can't see myself moulding the whole thing from stainless steel if I'm on a budget.

Its not like anyone can see it!

The total cost was £18, I could spend £300 but it would still do the same thing. I dont like throwing money away.

But for insurance anything is a modification.

Adam
21-05-2003, 07:35 PM
Here is a side picture

Mat
22-05-2003, 01:51 PM
so the air filter is a standard K&N filter

what model ???

and the rest I get from my local scrappy

Will give it a try

Midship
22-05-2003, 08:19 PM
Hi matt!

I have the same induction on my car and I must say its makes such a difference, the car sounds and runs a lot better with it. All you need is an air intake of an opel omega 2l I got mine off an 1988 model-modify it a bit and get a cone filter. I got the air filters for myself and Adam from the states as K&N open top filters are way over priced! We also made the opening in front of the side vent a little bigger using a dremmel.

The open top filters are a lot better for beat induction because the air can come in through the side vent and go directly into the induction system. Im sure you could modify other air intakes to fit i just had an opel omega one handy thats all!

JohnD

Robin
23-05-2003, 10:51 AM
What mods needed to be done to the air intake? was it easy?
Thing is i dont really want to get into the whole induction kit side of mods i just wanted to replace the air filter. if thats not possible though then ill try what you guys have done.
sound like a bargain of a mod...
cheers guys

Adam
23-05-2003, 12:43 PM
There is really no way you can put a cone type filter in there without some sort of a pipe. It takes about an hour and its really easy.