PDA

View Full Version : plastic pretty

steveinjapan
04-01-2011, 11:52 AM
I asked this before but got no answers... I find that the gray plastic interior accumulates a lot of scratches from light wear, even brushing with my fingernails reaching for the seatbelt. It's looking a bit tatty now, so what material works well to put the color back in those light marks?

Rod
04-01-2011, 06:54 PM
I asked this before but got no answers... I find that the gray plastic interior accumulates a lot of scratches from light wear, even brushing with my fingernails reaching for the seatbelt. It's looking a bit tatty now, so what material works well to put the color back in those light marks?

Try using light grey shoe polish with a lint free cloth, but don't put to much on. I have in the past used smooth peanut butter to bring back the shine on black plastic, it's the oil that does the business but it smells nice.

Mylee
04-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Try using light grey shoe polish with a lint free cloth, but don't put to much on. I have in the past used smooth peanut butter to bring back the shine on black plastic, it's the oil that does the business but it smells nice.

Drop the peanuts and go with some nut oil. Very common amongst detailers ;)

steveinjapan
05-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Drop the peanuts and go with some nut oil. Very common amongst detailers ;)

YES! Thanks! I had some slightly stale massage oil around and it worked like a charm, and looked even better when I went back to peek in just now. And it's not overly shiny like Armorall.

I always thought the used car lot smell was coconut air freshener!

Steve

Rod
05-01-2011, 07:58 PM
I like the smell of sex wax used for surf boards. It makes a great air freshener.