PDA

View Full Version : Daylight running lights

Obsessive
11-03-2011, 08:30 AM
Headlamps apart, orange side indicator lenses removed and replaced with new orange bulbs. A splash of black paint and some LED daylight running lights fitted inside. Need to get some white bulbs to complement soon as the yellow sucks!

NSXED
11-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Orange removal is always something I try to do. Was it much of a job? On the NSX I did it through the bulb holder, which was a pain but at least I didn't have to open anything up.

Mylee
11-03-2011, 12:17 PM
You don't have to split the lights to remove the orange filters. They become brittle over time and a pair of long nose pliers will have the lens out in no time.

Obsessive
11-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Orange removal is always something I try to do. Was it much of a job? On the NSX I did it through the bulb holder, which was a pain but at least I didn't have to open anything up.

The Light needs to be opened to remove the "orange". Unless you're happy to risk smashing it up through the bulb hole!!!

Front bumper off to access headlamp screws then remove headlamps.
Heat up the glue that holds the unit together whilst thinking about the horses that were melted to stick it together!

I borrowed a hairdryer from the other half to do this and directed most of the hot air in through the main bulb hole.

Note: This takes some time and gentle persuasion!

"Orange" is held in with 1 screw.

Obsessive
11-03-2011, 09:28 PM
You don't have to split the lights to remove the orange filters. They become brittle over time and a pair of long nose pliers will have the lens out in no time.

Sorry Mylee, I missed your post there! Seems your way is much easier and less risky.

Here's a photo of the orange lamp cover intact:

bigB
12-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Looks great, maybe further the non-orange look with a clear (but illuminates orange) led?

Obsessive
12-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Looks great, maybe further the non-orange look with a clear (but illuminates orange) led?

Great idea, I didn't even know these existed. Where can I get hold of them?