PDA

View Full Version : Roof repair

beecee
05-02-2012, 10:14 PM
I have bought some Renovo to treat clean and waterproof the vinyl roof , but the other problem is the piping around the edge on most of the hood has come off or is in bad condition , has anyone had this replaced or have a novel idea of hoe to replace it etc .
CHEERS

Steve_M
06-02-2012, 08:17 AM
I had my roof edging replaced by a local trimmers, thou they were worried that the edge may just tear away with the additional stitching.
Obviously had to remove roof cover off of frame.

beecee
06-02-2012, 01:22 PM
How much did you pay for the re trimming ?

Steve_M
06-02-2012, 03:57 PM
How much did you pay for the re trimming ?

Oooh cant remember that, it was a long time ago. would prob have been £40 - £50.

Its just going to depend if you can find a trimmers that will do the job, an old PVC/Vinyl roof will be getting quite brittle.

Best produce I found to recondition beat roof was Autoglym plastic conditioner.

beecee
06-02-2012, 06:08 PM
do any of the hood suppliers sell a hood with all the fasteners already installed ?
a new hood looks to be my best but expensive option , but im not too sure about doing it myself .

zentari
07-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Yeah i also want to replace my hood, but i want to use the newer type vinyl stuff that new convertibles use. I also want to modify it so the festering screws are covered by a layer of material so it dosen't look so appealing to rip up.

marcair
09-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Not sure if the mount of the convertible top is what you wanted. This first view is looking fwd at the left side. The second is loking inbd from the left.