PDA

View Full Version : could do with a better hood - can you help?

John Kennedy
10-06-2003, 09:05 PM
Hi

I've got a L-reg beat which I want to sell - however the hood is a bit tatty being the original and the rubber seals on the driver side leak. So I need to get it sorted before selling.

If anyone has a new/good condition hood for sale (and knows how to fit it) please get in touch with price etc.

Also wouldn't mind getting my hands on two new/good condition zebra floormats. Again either mail me or post here.

Much appreciated

John

adrianp
12-06-2003, 07:03 AM
Join the club John....

After vandals had a go at mine, I am looking at getting a new one too...

To be honest, the price you have yours up for, I wouldn't be too worried about getting it fixed...

You have put that the hood is getting on a bit so anyone looking should take that into consideration anyway.

I've asked around and new hoods work out at about £450 non genuine, £500+ Genuine £650+ Genuine with new rear screen...

The price you have yours up for is £500 - £1000 below normal anyway (especially in summer) so unless you would be putting the price up afterwards then I doubt if you would be gaining much by doing it...

Hope this helps

Adrian.
:bounce:

John Kennedy
12-06-2003, 09:03 PM
yeah - I know where you're coming from. Mind you, 450 quid ain't bad - it would certainly help sell the car quicker. I'm sure alot of people wouldn't want the hassle of improving a car they've just bought - regardless of the lower price at the time of purchase....

So do you know anywhere within drivable (!) distance of Milton Keynes who'd do a new hood for that sort of money.

Can't believe your car was the object of idiot vandalism by the way - morons, if you find oout who they are gimme a shout an' I'll giv'em a good kicking!

JK

adrianp
12-06-2003, 09:41 PM
Funnily enough I have literally just e-mailed Steve M about ordering a Genuine Honda one...

He's putting the order in for me tomorrow morning... I know it's expensive but the original one has lasted 12yrs so hopefully the new one should last a simlar amount of time... (vandals permitting...)

Adrian.
:bounce: