PDA

View Full Version : Insurance in Ireland (Republic)

John Kennedy
12-06-2003, 10:26 PM
Hi

I notice a number of you guys are Dublin based.

What's the story with insurance in Ireland - are they're many companies who deal with the Beat?

Any info in this regard would be really appreciated.

Ta
JK

adrianp
12-06-2003, 10:36 PM
Can't answer this one John but do I sense that you might be keeping the beat after all???

Go on..... you know you want to....:D

Adrian.
:bounce:

john m
13-06-2003, 08:34 AM
Insurance in Ireland is a lot more expensive for all types of car than the UK (the amount paid out on personal injury claims here is ridiculous by any standards) but its crazy on any open top car. Most companies wont touch an imported soft top but the ones that do charge crazy money, for example I am 33, full licence had full no claims (at the time), living in the countryside (no city loading) and they charged me EURO 2400 (in the region of £1400 I think). To put that into perspective I have a C Class Coupe (hatch), new, and it cost just over EURO 1000 to insure.

Dave
13-06-2003, 05:31 PM
WWwoah ...

I thought I was being ripped off.

Im 28, provisional licence, first year under my own insurance - EUR2600

The crowd Im with told me that they don't insure soft-tops and they made a mistake so I'll have to look else where next year... which means they must have pulled that figure out of the air!!!

Grrr ... :explode:

Cheers,
Dave

Midship
20-06-2003, 10:56 PM
HI John

Sorry about the late reply, im in the US working for a few months and seldom get a chance to go online. i would give AXA a call as they seem to be the only irish company with beats on their system, hibernian will also insure depending on the driver. Your best bet is to go through a broker that deals with hibernian. I pay 1800 euro 19 full licence, advance drivers course with two years NCB and 20% extra bonus cos i know somebody important! :)

Hope thats some help

shamrock
16-11-2003, 06:18 PM
as anyone actually come across an insurance company in ireland where u do not need to have 3-5 years without any kind of claim sd i having trouble finding one.

Midship
16-11-2003, 10:47 PM
no one will quote for a beat, axa dont do imports any more, hibernian direct wont qoute you on one-if your new business and quinn direct "no longer insure soft tops". the only way you can get insurance on a beat is through a brooker if your lucky. insurance is one big rip off.

Adam
17-11-2003, 03:53 PM
The insurance company you speak off Shamrock is a myth. Like JohnD said, go to a broker. There is one in Blanchardstown that is pretty good(if there is such a thing).

Unless you are 50 yr old, female,life time of no clain bonus, living on one of the Aran islands, I wouldn't bother going straight to the company. Insure something else e.g. Metro and the swap during the year. Or you could buy a Suzuki Cappuccino which is a lower group and drive that. Its a hard top convertible!