PDA

View Full Version : Beat Gearbox

DAVIDOFF59
18-06-2003, 04:02 PM
HI EVERYONE.ANOTHER NEW MEMBER FROM IRELAND.

I NEED A BIT OF INFO ON THE BEAT BEARBOX.HAD TO TAKE IT APART TO REPLACE BEARINGS.THE BEARING THATS BUSTED IS TM80/22C OR TMBO/22C-HARD TO READ IF ITS AN 8 OR A B. WAS A NIGHTMARE EVEN TRYIN TO GET ANY SORT OF HELP BUT A PLACE CALLED EFOX ENGINEERS IN DUBLIN MIGHT BE ABLE TO GET ONE THAT FITS.WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IF POSSIBLE IS THERE IS AN OIL SEAL THAT SITS UNDER THIS BEARING AND I NEED THE PART NUMBER OF IT AND ANY INFO ON WHERE I COULD GET ONE PLEASE.CAR BEEN OFF THE ROAD FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS SO ANY HELP APPRECIATED IN GETTIN ME DRIVING MY PRIDE AND JOY AGAIN.
CHEERS

adrianp
18-06-2003, 06:45 PM
Hi David,

Any chance of a bit more info as to where abouts in the box it goes???

A few of us have parts listings so can probably help (Steve??) but I need a bit more info to go on if poss.

Hopefully we can get you on the road soon

Adrian.

Steve_M
18-06-2003, 07:50 PM
Could it be TM60/22C and its the input shaft bearing (housed in the clutch housing side of the gearbox)??

If so, yes there is a seal to stop gearbox oil going on to clutch.

Part No. 91216-PZ6-005 Seal 22x36x7 priced £3.37 inc VAT

But Honda have no stock in europe, so would go on back order.

HTH

BTW. THERE IS NO NEED TO SHOUT. we are not deaf

DAVIDOFF59
18-06-2003, 09:55 PM
it is one of the shafts that houses all the gears and i think a drive shaft goes into the box at this point so it is a seal to stop the oil leaking out of the box.now that u mention it,it could be tm60/22c,its just very hard to read the small writing.thanks

Steve_M
18-06-2003, 10:08 PM
From your initial description i think its item 21 in the attached pic.
item 16 is the bearing you mention.

but as to a driveshaft going in, that wouldnt be there.

Steve_M
18-06-2003, 10:14 PM
Input shaft (no 1 in this pic) goes through that bearing and seal and in to the clutch housing and on to the clutch.

Am i getting warm???

DAVIDOFF59
19-06-2003, 05:49 PM
cheers for the info steve.you were correct first time,my apologies.the seal is to stop the oil going to the clutch alright.i got my bearing today.it isnt the exact part but its the same dimensions and made by ntn also.bearing i got is japan fy 60/22lu so fingers crossed.has anyone ever asked ozsamurai if he would send over small parts like an oil seal because it would cut down on waiting time a lot.how long would i have to wait on such a part steve,the oil seal that is.

Steve_M
19-06-2003, 08:26 PM
Cant say how long it would take to get via Honda UK when a part goes on back order it can take days, weeks or even months.

You could try OzSamurai, small item like that is easy to send.

HTH

ozsamurai
20-06-2003, 08:50 AM
OZSamurai, lives (seems like it) across the road from the factory, if they have the part, it would be here in two days, to you overnight if you wanna pay for it! But you would have to get the exact part no. cause I don't have the parts list.

Cheers!

Oz

DAVIDOFF59
20-06-2003, 11:43 AM
hi oz samurai.well the situation i am in now is i have been without the beat for about 5 months and have been driving my peugeot 106 and there is no comparison between the 2 cars in terms of sheer driving enjoyment,its the best toy i ever had ha ha.
i dont want to chance puttin the gearbox back in incase the seal does go in the future cos i dont want the hassle of taking out the box again,did it without taking engine out.the Part No. 91216-PZ6-005 Seal 22x36x7.how much is it likely to cost me for the part and postage to get it posted to ireland and how would i go about paying you for it.your help would be appreciated:)

ozsamurai
20-06-2003, 12:36 PM
Check on Monday for ya, when I'm back at work stay tuned.

Oz

ozsamurai
23-06-2003, 12:37 AM
The part is 250 yen, you can use PayPal to transfer the funds at this address

ozsamurai@hotmail.com see my homepage if you want to do a bank to bank transfer for details.

The more expensive part would be the postage and fees, Paypal charges me 350 this side, and then postage would be about 980 yen

that makes 1580 yen....if that's OK then I'll go ahead and order it when I get the transfer.

Cheers

Oz

DAVIDOFF59
25-06-2003, 08:00 PM
hi oz samurai.i am just checking if you got my private message that i sent to you and if so did you understand it.thanks

ozsamurai
26-06-2003, 12:24 AM
I'm onto it Dave, as soon as the part is in it will be on the way to your hot little hands. Got the address, got the cash, just waiting the part....

Cheers

Oz

DAVIDOFF59
01-07-2003, 11:43 PM
just wanted to say i got my gearbox seal today.cant wait to get workin on it tomorrow.not easy though with workin night shift.ah well.want to thank every one that helped me out cant thank u all enough.

adrianp
02-07-2003, 07:00 AM
Good news dave,

Glad we could help, Hope you are back on the road soon

Adrian.

DAVIDOFF59
08-07-2003, 11:41 PM
GOT MY BELOVED BEAT BACK ON THE ROAD ON SATURDAY.AFTER 9 HOURS WORKIN ON IT.WELL WORTH IT THO.I AM NOW GRINNING FROM EAR TO EAR LIKE A MADMAN WHEN DRIVIN IT SUCH IS THE SHEER ENJOYMENT AND ALSO THE LOOKS FROM PASSERS BY.THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR HELP:)

adrianp
09-07-2003, 08:07 AM
Excelent news Dave,

So, does this mean that you will be making the trip over to Billing (Northampton)at the end of the month??

Adrian.