PDA

View Full Version : Roof / Skirts

MAMOOK
02-06-2014, 10:11 PM
Hi All!

Just thought I'd share a few photo's of my beat. I have just fitted my new soft top / side skirts and quick release steering wheel. Photo's of the steering wheel to follow. The tiny momo steering wheel has made a tremendous difference, it's given me far more space which at 6'4" is much appreciated.2406240724082409
It has also had a full service and is running beautifully!!!!!

MAMOOK
02-06-2014, 10:12 PM
I am still on the hunt for a drivers side wing mirror should anyone wish to sell me one please!

TADO
03-06-2014, 09:29 AM
thats looking mighty smart!!

Mobius
03-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Looks great! Loving the roof. Where did you get the softop fitted? Skirts look cool.

Seventynine
03-06-2014, 10:55 AM
roof looks incredibly well fitted! where was it from?

MAMOOK
04-06-2014, 04:54 PM
I fitted the roof myself which I rather enjoyed. Bought a hole punch set from ebay which was brilliant and used the old roof as a template. Took my time and thankfully everything turned out ok. Ill dig out the company who supplied it, I've had it approx a year before fitting it so I've forgot. May have been the oxted trimmers / European guys. Will confirm.
And yes I'm loving the skirts, worth every penny.They add a certain something in my humble opinion. Cheers!

steveinjapan
05-06-2014, 12:58 AM
If you can post a photo of how the roof looks folded down, I am very curious. I'm also wondering if it's feasible to retrofit the zip plastic window part with glass like in yours. My roof is in very good condition but I am getting tired of only guessing where I am going while reversing!

And there are usually side mirrors for sale on Yahoo.jp so contact me if you want me to check some out for you.

marcair
05-06-2014, 01:02 PM
the rear glass: was it taken from another car top or raw stock? Would be very interested in converting mine to glass.

MAMOOK
05-06-2014, 11:33 PM
Hi,
The glass was an optional extra and folds down flat. It has to be unzipped to do so but doesn't take long and I think the longevity of the vision will be worth the extra seconds taken to do so. The soft top was purchased from Robbins - www.robbinsautotop.com
the rear glass: was it taken from another car top or raw stock? Would be very interested in converting mine to glass.

MAMOOK
08-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Hi All,
Photo attached with the window unzipped ready for fold down, and then in the folded down position.24132414

Seventynine
09-06-2014, 07:56 AM
I unzip my soft rear screen too so wouldn't add much in the way of time. the plastic doesn't like to be folded and fatigues over a relatively short period, learnt that on my MX5!

steveinjapan
09-06-2014, 09:58 AM
I started out unzipping but my zipper must be a really difficult one, so now I roll up a towel and fold the window over it. In my climate I could be putting the top up and down several times a day, and leaning back to unzip a stubborn window so often just is not on. I've tried silicone spray but no help. Any other hints?

Seventynine
09-06-2014, 10:35 AM
leave it down and don't leave anything in the car to steal :D

mine only goes up if i know it's going to rain

steveinjapan
09-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Let's just agree that our climates are different!

steveinjapan
10-06-2014, 05:48 AM
Yep, well that's the problem, because to upgrade to a glass window would apparently require the dreaded unzip.... I had to undo it part way last week to tighten the alternator belt through the engine hatch and it was really hard to zip back up. And forget about it if it's undone completely and I have to match up the ends to restart the zip. That calls for a chiropractor visit.:help: