PDA

View Full Version : Charity run finished here are the Stats!

obiwanwasabe
27-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Some facts and figures,
Time away 18 days
distance traveled 6,102 miles (9827 klms)
borders crossed 25
countries visited 14
countries visited more than once 7
Capital cities visited 7
currencies used 5
vignettes bought 4
breakdowns in the car 0
Highet revs hit 9500
top speed hit downhill 93.15 mph
problems with the car main beam warning bulb on the dashboard went! slight warped brake disc ( Think it was the tunnels out of Monaco)
damage to car none
Famous race tracks visited 2 (Le Mans and Monaco)
Fall outs between driver and Navigator nearly one!
parties including small ones meeting relatives 7
Hangovers 4
Smiles never stopped!

for pictures ect look here https://www.facebook.com/robonitski.lawrance

If you feel like contributing to the charity go here www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/nikachu

Nick

Gavin
27-10-2014, 09:30 PM
awesome Nick was following on facebook looked to be a great time

obiwanwasabe
27-10-2014, 11:08 PM
Cheers Gavin, It was some journey, We find out on the 8th Nov where we are going next year. My money is on either Gibraltar or Lisbon! Open to anyone who wants to raise money for charity. The Beat, and us, will be disguised as Mario Kart and Mario and Luigi next year!

Gavin
27-10-2014, 11:26 PM
i'll happily sponsor you or sort some service parts before hand to help won't be much but some towards the cause

C-Rex
27-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Looked like a great trip what was it like sitting at motorway speeds for long periods in a beat.. Done something similar in a Toyota Levin a few years back all through europe its a great experience!

Mario Kart sounds good too

obiwanwasabe
28-10-2014, 09:22 PM
To be honest I think I need to get the cruising speed better, I am now looking for info on possibly changing the final drive to get 80mph revs down to nearer 5500rpm, this will get the top end economy better for those roads as at present it is only economical to drive below 65mph, it was constantly on the limiter on the motorways and although the screaming engine is a novelty when you first get a Beat it becomes a bit tiresome after a 5 hours on a motorway at 7400rpm! but put it on the roads like the ones out of Monaco into Italy through the tunnels and bridges, or the road down the Adriatic coast through Croatia and Bosnia down to Dubrovnik and you soon remember why you bought a Beat!
Looked like a great trip what was it like sitting at motorway speeds for long periods in a beat.. Done something similar in a Toyota Levin a few years back all through europe its a great experience!

Mario Kart sounds good too

obiwanwasabe
28-10-2014, 09:29 PM
i'll happily sponsor you or sort some service parts before hand to help won't be much but some towards the cause

Thank you. I'll be in touch as I will start fundraising for this after Xmas. Looking for info on Final drives, at present I think it is 5.7:1 and would prefer it around 4.9:1, and alternative front (larger) brake discs and calipers as I seem to suffer with discs warping regularly!

Gavin
28-10-2014, 10:18 PM
Nick I am actually working on a big brake upgrade on mine at the moment will keep you informed

C-Rex
29-10-2014, 01:44 PM
Found another Pikatchu Beat seaching pics in japan last night

http://www.geocities.jp/jugemu660nightcats/photo/02bi-paramotosu/pikab.jpg

obiwanwasabe
29-10-2014, 08:06 PM
I saw that a while back not quite as "in your Face" as mine, Decals are on till the end of November then it will be the naked yellow beat for a while.
Found another Pikatchu Beat seaching pics in japan last night

http://www.geocities.jp/jugemu660nightcats/photo/02bi-paramotosu/pikab.jpg

obiwanwasabe
29-10-2014, 08:13 PM
There is supposed to be a fairly easy conversion using some civic discs, I'm looking to, hopefully, get vented ones, for the front. The final drive is where I am having research problems, I could do with finding out if the Beat gearbox was fitted to anything else! Then check the gear ratio of the final drive! I'll also be using the rear 14" wheels on the front and see if I can source some 15" x 6(ish) for the back! This will hopefully get rid of the front occasionally having a mind of it's own on roundabouts!
Nick I am actually working on a big brake upgrade on mine at the moment will keep you informed

Gavin
29-10-2014, 09:30 PM
you can use any civic caliper and disc but you need to get the carrier machined down a good few mm before it fits, also need to remove the backing plate so the discs fits to, 240mm vented will fit under 13s and the 262s will go under 14s fine

C-Rex
29-10-2014, 09:33 PM
How much should the carrier be shaved

Ef and eg ones are different. Maybe an ef one would mount straight up.?

Gavin
29-10-2014, 09:51 PM
can't remember top of my head but i think ef ones will need work to, I would in all honesty get the biggest brakes to suit whatever wheel you are going to run, will be 14s myself so 262s up front unless I can get ds2500/3000 pads cheap for the 240 setup

C-Rex
30-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Ill check out in the next few weeks ive both 242 and 262 complete brake setups from CRXs so can see how they line up

obiwanwasabe
30-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Can you let me know which fits please?
Ill check out in the next few weeks ive both 242 and 262 complete brake setups from CRXs so can see how they line up

C-Rex
30-10-2014, 10:06 PM
I will do.. Im out of action for another 5weeks with a broken shoulder blade but Ill get at it asap then..

I have a complete 262mm setup from my EF8 CRX with drilled and grooved disks that I hope will fit

obiwanwasabe
31-10-2014, 03:08 PM
OK I've been dragging my head back to the 80s when I used to do mods like this for a living, and the question comes to mind...... what about the master cylinder, the fluid displacement will be greater because of the larger caliper pistons so it stands to reason that a larger bore master cylinder will be needed to combat excessive pedal travel and then will the servo be up to the job (I think it will unless front and rear calipers are upgraded) for the required increase in pressure needed to apply the brakes. Just a thought!

C-Rex
02-11-2014, 06:16 PM
I just had a look today the Beats master cylinder is 13/16s, a 242mm brake setup on an EF is 7/8s and an siR 262mm setup is 15/16s..

When going at it Ill measure the piston size in the calipers and see what differences they are.. Id think with a 262 front and standard rear the 7/8s master cylinder would be pretty close.. The bolts mount diagonally like on an EF too so should bolt straight on

I have driven with brake conversions and different size cylinders they still work fine but to make the most of it its better to match it all up

C-Rex
02-11-2014, 07:43 PM
Here is some info on changing gearing/final drive gears too

Seems alot are discontinued but could probably be picked up secondhand on yahoo auctions

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?3312-e07z-conversion

http://www.surgeon.co.jp/orijinaru_pa-tu_c.html

The Today gear swap could be the easiest/cheapest to find

obiwanwasabe
06-11-2014, 09:00 AM
I now have a pair of calipers for 262 discs from a crx sri del sol and will find out if they fit later today then just to worry about the discs if they do!

I just had a look today the Beats master cylinder is 13/16s, a 242mm brake setup on an EF is 7/8s and an siR 262mm setup is 15/16s..

When going at it Ill measure the piston size in the calipers and see what differences they are.. Id think with a 262 front and standard rear the 7/8s master cylinder would be pretty close.. The bolts mount diagonally like on an EF too so should bolt straight on

I have driven with brake conversions and different size cylinders they still work fine but to make the most of it its better to match it all up

C-Rex
06-11-2014, 02:02 PM
The carrier for the 262 caliper from a del sol might not sit properly centred on the disk as mentioned earlier..

You could get around this by shaving the carrier or putting a small spacer behind the disk.

obiwanwasabe
14-05-2015, 03:33 PM
Hi, I have eventually got round to checking clearances on this 262mm brake conversion, (We hibernated in Spain this year! so things got put off for a while) I have a spare front hub so I can mount it on the bench to get a better view on it, whereas the disc fits and needs spacing by 5.5mm the carrier is nowhere near right and the mount holes are short of lining up by 15mm, do you know if there is another carrier that would fit?
The carrier for the 262 caliper from a del sol might not sit properly centred on the disk as mentioned earlier..

You could get around this by shaving the carrier or putting a small spacer behind the disk.

iamwizard
30-07-2015, 05:43 AM
Good Afternoon Folks,

My name is ben from Canada. I'm looking for a pair of DOT/SAE approve tail lights and head lights. Currently my poor beat is in the garage rusting away due to strict regulations inCanada. If anyone could help me find such part or a suggestion on how to make my car drivable again that would help me a lot. thank you for your time..

Sincerely,
ben

bigB
31-07-2015, 08:30 AM
Maybe start a new thread next time, but here is what i did:
http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?3249-Hella-HID-DOT-compliant
Good luck with the inspection Ben, they can be quite picky.