PDA

View Full Version : Underbonnet Storage

adrianp
07-07-2003, 08:02 PM
I've just had a custom bag made for sitting inside the spare wheel, Whilst it isn't huge, it will be perfect for putting odds and ends in...

I haven't actually used it yet but it seems to fit perfectly.

Now I've seen the quality, I'm waiting for a quote on doing 2 more bags, 1 for the boot and 1 for the rear shelf.

Wether they will be done for Billing is questionable due to the timescale but if they are then I'll bring them along also.

The spare wheel bag cost me £28.50 but that included having 'HONDA BEAT' embroidered into the top.

I'll post the other prices and contact details when I get them

Adrian.

adrianp
08-07-2003, 08:03 PM
I've just had the quotes back for the other bags...

The're pretty expensive but seem good quality...

I'm having one made for the Boot and a pair made for the Rear Shelf (1 would be to big to have much strength).

Once they are delivered and fitted I'll post a few pics and prices.

Adrian.

Tim
06-08-2003, 11:04 AM
Adrian

That is a really good idea. Let me know if your going to start selling these as I'll definitely order one from you. You can never have enough storage in a Beat so this would be ideal.

Is it waterproof as my spare wheel often has a little puddle of water in it.

Tim

adrianp
07-08-2003, 10:48 PM
Hi Tim,

The bags are custom made for a company in the UK that I found on the internet,

The spare wheel bag is actually a modified MX-5 one (slightly shallower due to the height between the spare wheel and the bonnet)

The other bags are custom size ones made to my measurements which if I was doing them again I would probably have them very slightly smaller so that they fit just that little bit better.

As far as I know they are waterproof but, with the weather we've had lately, I haven't been able to try that bit out.

I'll post contact detail etc in the next few days when I collect all the info back together...

Adrian.

adrianp
07-10-2003, 06:06 PM
I know this is a bit later than I promised but here's the contact details that I said I would post...:o

The company is called JazBags and the guy to talk to is Paul Grogan.

www.jazbags.com

Tel: 0121 743 8646

I had the following items made to order...

1) Underbonnet bag that fits inside the spare wheel
2) Holdall that fits in the boot
3) Pair of bags that fit on the rear shelf

Prices were as follows, but be aware that they were custom colours and with embroidery also

1) £28.50
2) £55.00
3) £98.00

All prices include delivery

More details should be appearing tn the UKHBC newsletter at some time.

Jason
08-10-2003, 12:50 PM
They look really nice!