PDA

View Full Version : JAE Billing

jcs
20-07-2003, 09:46 PM
The following information has been supplied by Steve Burns, organiser of the event concerning some guidelnes for the event:

"Could each club arrange for a rep to be on their pitch asap on the Saturday and Sunday to ensure that members' cars are on the plots prior to arranging the parking positions to help alleviate possible Gridlock of other cars entering the show." [Chris and I will be there as early as possible, but please will the first member(s) there (if not us) help with this.]

"All members from the various clubs are asked to act as unofficial marshals and help to stop anyone doing donuts, drifting and causing a general nuisance especially late at night. If you could approach them and POLITELY ask them to stop, pointing out to them that if we upset Billing 's management that they would not let us use the grounds for future Japanese Auto Extravaganzas and that would be the end of the event."

"I would also ask that you ask your members that after 11o'cock at night to keep the noise from their car radios to an acceptable level and not to start reving their cars up as has happen a couple of years ago." [Not that our Beat stereos are that loud!]

"Plastic bin liners will be provided to each club so that litter on club stands can be kept to a minimum through the day. Could each club on the Sunday at 3/4o'clock remove the marking out pegs and place together in a pile for collection and place any barrier tape and litter in the bin liners provided." [We'll sort this out on the day]

"Announcements about the SUMO WRESTLING and TUG OF WAR will be broadcast on JAE RADIO but, with the number of clubs coming along, entry to these will be closed after 10.30 on the Saturday morning."

"Could each club arrange for a club rep to attend a meeting at 3'clock on the Sunday afternoon to discuss what went wrong with JAE 2003 and to suggest improvements for next years show." [Chris and John will look after this]

Look forward to seeing you there.

Chris and John

adrianp
20-07-2003, 09:52 PM
Sounds perfectly acceptable to me,

it sounds like their organisational skils are getting better each year.

Hopefully this year things will go nice and smoothly for them.

I think the comment about the Donuts and the stereo's actually relates to the Nova club the other year at the Vauxhall Rally that takes place there... They actually got banned from the show in the end..:rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing everyone there

Adrian.

Paul w
22-07-2003, 06:03 PM
What time are folks planning on arriving on saturday?

I'm only a few miles down the road so i'll be popping in for a while, but i'll have to be off just after lunch!

Any idea what the traffic is like at these events? any shortcuts?

See you all saturday, but i'm sadly in my CR-V, as the beat is too sick to come along....

PW

jcs
23-07-2003, 12:27 AM
We'll be there by 9 both days as we need to get the pitch set up. See you then.

Chris and John