PDA

View Full Version : Phase 2

Paul w
21-07-2003, 04:11 PM
Well,
so far, i'm looking at

New Exhaust (maybe from phase 1!) Tr660??

Body styling from Backyard Special (http://www.pac-gate.co.jp/back-yd/beat1.htm) - love that front bumper!

Wheels.....ideas?

Seats retrimmed (ade some ideas of costs?)

Air induction kit from HKS

More to come!

PW :bounce:

adrianp
21-07-2003, 07:20 PM
Hi Paul,

Wheels, well it depends on what you want to do... and how big you want to go...!!!

Body styling, I do like the rear arches on that kit, they kind of suit the car well and the bonnet is deffinitely different.

My seats were done in Vinyl and cost me £175 with no vat from a small place near me

Adrian.

Paul w
22-07-2003, 05:08 PM
Dont they make your erm.....back sweat?

(the seats, not the flared arches!!)

PW

adrianp
22-07-2003, 06:41 PM
To be honest, their not too bad unless you leave the roof down on a hot day...:eek:

Then it's a case of how much material can you put between you and the seat so that you can sit down without roasting...:p

I'm thinking of having them re-done again (possibly leather this time) sometime in the future, probably with the colours reversed unless I can come up with some other design...

The vinyl is wearing slightly in a couple of places but then what do I expect when I'm using the car almost every day for the last 2 years...

Adrian.

ozsamurai
08-09-2003, 06:48 AM
Finally found the post, sorry it took so long. The wrecker is moving along well, so if you need any bits give us a shout. Engine may have already been sold though. You can get all the BYS stuff organized at the same time maybe. I'm looking at some seat covers for my own special secret project this year, ready for next years MTB. So if anything reasonable turns up let's know, I am considering taking the spare set of originals I now have down to a local and see what they can do for me, before exploring options. Honda Senba make a leather set, all colors of the rainbow, and last time I asked at the MTB they were 46000 for the set, that's what 230GBP. There is a guy in my club that has a spare genuine bonnet, he would give it to you for next to nothing, if you wanna pay for it to be shipped, its just collecting dust since he switched to the BYS one.

Cheers OZ

Paul w
06-07-2004, 06:52 PM
Here you go, some pics of the not so beastly beat.

Oz, thanks for tracking down the center caps, but I can't get them to fit, they are a bit too big for the center hole. any ideas? I know they have varnished the wheels, but even so, its quite a difference.

The hood is looking good now with the silver screws, and its completely leak free!

just got a quote for the respray......£1100!!!

PW

Paul w
06-07-2004, 06:53 PM
another of the roof up

Paul w
06-07-2004, 06:54 PM
one more!

PW

john m
11-08-2004, 12:57 AM
My pain guy has quoted me 1200 euro, about 800 pounds i suppose for a respray but I have given him a fair bit of business over the last few years! Not on the Beat though!

peterknowles69
11-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Hi paul,

Had our's done in worcester last year, £600 inc vat for cash...
Same place phil used to have his done.

jurek
18-12-2004, 10:40 PM
Hi is it still for sale?

Wh1teLeopard
19-12-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Paul w
just got a quote for the respray......£1100!!!

PW

Noticed you were in South Staffs.

i got a quote to have my beat resprayed for £700, that's including having some dents pulled out, and the rust on one sill.

That was riceboy bodyworx.... he's a big name in the modifed car world, and his work is top marks

He's so good he has a waiting list of about a month though...

But he's cheaper than most places....

The details:

Energized Riceboy Bodyworx

Mount Plesant,
Quarry Bank,
West Midlands
DY5 2YS

Tel: 01384 486303

www.energized-uk.com or info@energized-uk.com

Really worth the trip though, I'd recomend him to anyone...

If you need directions there from staffordshire, just PM me :)

JGGIB
19-12-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teLeopard

Noticed you were in South Staffs.

i got a quote to have my beat resprayed for £700, that's including having some dents pulled out, and the rust on one sill.

That was riceboy bodyworx.... he's a big name in the modifed car world, and his work is top marks

He's so good he has a waiting list of about a month though...

But he's cheaper than most places....

The details:

Energized Riceboy Bodyworx

Mount Plesant,
Quarry Bank,
West Midlands
DY5 2YS

Tel: 01384 486303

www.energized-uk.com or info@energized-uk.com

Really worth the trip though, I'd recomend him to anyone...

If you need directions there from staffordshire, just PM me :)
I had dents knocked out and a spoiler repaired and plastic resprayed and the rest cut in? and it looks A1.....£300 move east you lot and a garage around the corner that likes to work on the Beat :cool: