PDA

View Full Version : "Midship Amusement"

Tamsin Nunley
11-08-2003, 02:46 PM
:help: Um...what does it mean exactly?

(Suppose I'd better make sure i know, since it's on the side of my car!)

Robin
11-08-2003, 04:12 PM
Hey Tamsin, hows ur new car going?

midship amusement basically means - mid engined fun. the car is mid engined and it is fun. make sense?

Hope this helps.
Robin

Paul w
11-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Dunno, laugh at certain naval ranks maybe?

:p

PW

Tamsin Nunley
12-08-2003, 10:24 AM
So that's what it means!!!

We thought maybe it was a Japanese-to-English mistranslation, like you find on www.engrish.com or something!:p

ozsamurai
14-08-2003, 03:25 PM
Midship was adopted from the midship engine mount, over here Japlish (Japanese English) rules, a game center is an amusement center for kids to waste their coins at, ipso facto, you're both right, its a combination of serious terms to a non-sensible point, and as you linked above, Engrish is a great example of that, several of the pics there are submitted by me. Some other great car names to come out of the Japanese domestic market lately.

Daihatsu Naked
Nissan Bongo Van
Toyota Ist
Honda Life ( they used the slogan 'get a life!')

The list goes on....

Cheers

Oz

Tamsin Nunley
18-08-2003, 04:38 PM
Fantastic!!

Engrish.com is one of the funniest sites ever!!

Which pics did you submit, Oz? Could you post a link...?

( And a 'Daihatsu Naked'? - that's just a stroke of genius - or idiocy - can't decide which! :) )

adrianp
18-08-2003, 05:49 PM
Excelent,

I've just got around to looking at Engrish...

And I thought some of the MFI instructions were daft, these make MFI look sensible at times...

So Oz, Which ones are yours then.

Ady.

jcs
18-08-2003, 10:04 PM
Anyone remember that famous computer, the Wang King!

ozsamurai
18-08-2003, 11:56 PM
I make most of my posts at work, so I don't have the pictures on this computer, will put some on the board tonight exclusive to the ukhbc. Most of my shots on Engrish are the drinks and candy shots... I was pondering doing a similar site and had collected them over many years here, but when I found Engrish I thought I may as well just give the pictures to the webmaster, he's done such a great job of the site. Stay tuned for some updates.

Cheers

Oz:cool:

adrianp
31-10-2003, 06:53 PM
Found this one on there tonight...

I like the opening times, Just don't tell the boss that there's now 25hrs in a day...

Adrian.