PDA

View Full Version : importing a BEAT query

mlind1
14-08-2003, 10:48 AM
so the time has come. I finally have enough funds to buy my BEAT. However I want a BEAT to last a while, so the current batch of sales with over 100,000k 's don't interest me in the slightest (btw if anyone is selling a beat which has only done about 0-50 thousand kilo's let me know!) so I've been looking at importing. I've found a company that will do it and they say they should be able to get me a Beat on the road in UK for about 4k. so I have some questions:

1.What is the version of the top spec BEAT. Is it version Z?
2. Is the MUGAN hard top the only one that fits over the soft top?
3. any thing else I should be looking at when importing?

thanks guys, its great to have such a wealth of knowledge on tap. Hope you can help.

mike

ozsamurai
14-08-2003, 04:01 PM
Have a nice condition Beat@(Crete White), hear if you want to make inquiries, they have it at 460000 sorry I can't help you with pounds... The MUGEN top is the only one that fits over the soft top, the rest require removal of the frame. There is no top spec as such, the last model was the Version Z, it was a complete reworking of the car so its the latest spec, there were only 500 or so made so also as rare as hens teeth, even over here they would fetch over your 4K budget, if they were in good condition. You should get the car at least checked out at a Honda Primo shop over here before you choose one, they will have the history of the car barring Johnny backyard jobs.... I once priced shipping my Beat to Aus and it was under 1000 US so...with Beats running at 2-4000 US, you might consider a DIY job. Lets know if I can help you out.

Cheers

Oz

mlind1
14-08-2003, 06:37 PM
thanks Oz, the thing that would worry me the most about importing is obviously not actuall yseeing the car before buying it. obviously you have to put alot of trust in the importers

johnross
14-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Mike,

Pleased to see you're still after a Beat - even after a ride in mine!!

Hope you get one soon, it's worth looking elsewhere on the net, not all Beat owners know about the (U)UKHBC.

Cheers, John.

peterknowles69
14-08-2003, 08:17 PM
Hi,

Just a few notes on importing a Beat.

I recently imported one from a japanese auction, very worring having not seen the car face to face, all I can say is that the japanese aution sheets are usually very accurate, I have a friend who has imported quite a few and has never been dissapointed or found discrepancies with the auction sheet and the car when it arrived.

Aution sheets usually have a grading system interior and exterior plus a picture of the car and a drawing of the car with various damage / mods marked on it.

Exterior graded 0 - 10 10 being the highest although due to the age of the beat its unlikely you will ever see anything higher that a 3 - 4 usually due to the mileage, its cost more to run a car over 60000 k's in japan.

Interior graded A - D D being the worst.

I hope this helps if you need any more info just ask.

Cheers

Pete & Sue

Paul w
14-08-2003, 09:39 PM
Hope you get one soon, it's worth looking elsewhere on the net, not all Beat owners know about the (U)UKHBC.

He he he, the secret society that we are!!

Good luck with the import, and i'm sure Oz can help as well as the people that have already gone down this route!

PW

mlind1
15-08-2003, 01:20 PM
thanks guys its appreciated.

Its always good to know that people on fhis site are always willing to help. I really can't wait to get behind the whell of a BEAT. The ride in johns a few months ago made me do soooo much overtime to get the funds :bounce:

adrianp
16-08-2003, 10:23 AM
Hi Mike,

There are a few bargains to be found out there in Japan....

There was one the other week on Yahoo Japan, it was yellow, had been lowered and had a full Mugen bodykit on it.

The final price converted to somewhere around £1500 - £1600 I think... :eek: So it is worth considering importing yourself if you can find one....

Even if you find it and then pay for one of the import companies to inspect it and do everything else...

When I get round to changing my FTO (not for a few years though) I'll probably look at bringing something over rather than buying one thats already here.

It can work out a lot cheaper that way in the end (sometimes)

Adrian