PDA

View Full Version : A Bundle of NEWS from OZ

ozsamurai
19-08-2003, 01:18 AM
Thanks to an idea from Robert H, and my Ninjas access to Honda blue prints we may have an affordable TURBO for the Beat available soon! Hmmm Turbo Beat...

The half covers were a failure, the guy in Thailand didn't come through...bummer! I had borrowed the one I wanted copied and the owner wanted it back, the tailor needs more time...no copy..have to postpone that.

The cheaper speed delimiter, is on the drawing board over at Honda Research & Development......save up a little for one of those for X-mas.

Just a general word to all on parts ordering, I will not order from RSMACH anymore. Its a boring and complicated story, but suffice as to say, there has been a problem with them, and I don't feel I can deal with them anymore, there are plenty of other great makers out there so I'm sure it'll be no loss.

Since importing has been a favorite topic on the board look out for the 'how to page' in next months updates to the site.

and thats all, no more space!

Cheers

OzSamurai

adrianp
19-08-2003, 08:49 AM
Hmmmmm, A Turbo......

Now theres an idea... But I think I need to get mine reving properly before I even think about getting one of those...

I'm going to have a look at a couple of things over this weekend.

Ady.

Paul w
19-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Turbo??
pop one in my crate will you!!

any idea on dates? Do they need an R&D person??? lol

PW

john m
19-08-2003, 06:22 PM
What type of power output is expected from a turbo beat? Would the ECU need modification? and would the engine last more than 100 miles?

ozsamurai
20-08-2003, 01:08 AM
All great questions John, wish I knew the answer.. The turbo was designed for a E07A engine it boosted the car it was fitted to from 54 to 64hp, but since the Beat already has a potential Hp over that it remains a mystery until I get one in my little mits and see what I can do with it. A turbo charged Beat flys by me everyday on the way to work so its not a dream, just an expensive reality, if this unit turns out to be suitable for adaption it would be a cheaper alternative. Waiting for some parts to come in from the marketplace to check this all out, so far the specs look promising on paper only.

Cheers

Oz

hondzilla
20-08-2003, 07:42 PM
i think you are revearing to the enigine of the Z model from japan.
will there be enove room in the beat for not only the turbo but also the required intercooler that comes whit the engine?
and would you not get cooling problems whit the engine,wish already has an limeted cool capasity.

my other quistion is , i've the z model is based on the same floor pad as the beat was, because the do a realtime 4wd version and mayby that also can be adapted to the beat

ozsamurai
21-08-2003, 07:27 AM
Hondazilla, the Z isn't intercooled as far as I know, and as for the space to mount it, thats why I have to get a hold of a unit to try.. The exchange of the engine for the Z's would be do able, but I would have to ask why would anyone want to. The standard Z engine is 54hp boosted to 64 with the turbo, the Beat already performs over that, and I can't see any merit in having a 4WD that sits 10cm off the road.... It might be fun to see one, but very expensive fun!! Anyway, still playing with it, waiting for someones Z to blow up then I get the parts....

Cheers

Oz