PDA

View Full Version : Another BEAT for the Northerners!

Fahd
20-08-2003, 03:42 PM
Hello!

Ermm, well we have had this Beat since 1998 when we brought it over from Ireland! Just acquired it myself last week for a shockingly low 」1800!

Everything is in good nick, now all that needs doing is a little modifying here and there. I'm open to any suggestions and would love to know if anyone can get their hands on a hardtop! Also, i'd much appreciate if anyone has got any other fancy bits for the car up for grabs!

One draw back thou, I have just finished calling insurance brokers all morning and the best quote for a 19 year old so far given is...................Wait for it.............. 」2900 FIRE & THEFT!!!

Attached is a picture of the car, more to come!

Fahd

ps When is the next event for Honda Beat owners??

Paul w
20-08-2003, 04:13 PM
Nice one!

Welcome aboard!

I spent even less on my latest one, but it looks a lot less tidy than yours!

have you tried tesco and privilege for the insurance? or adrian flux in kings lynn?

PW

NUNAKHAN
20-08-2003, 05:02 PM
if your gonna gewt any thing or help this is the place to be!!

adrianp
20-08-2003, 06:10 PM
Hi & Welcome,

」2900 for insurance, whilst expensive isn't the most I've heard of.... A mate of mine fell in love with my beat and decided he wanted one.... He was quoted 」4800 on a 」4000 car.... work that one out???

As Paul said, try tesco etc for a quote, I'm with privelege but will be looking around next year to see what quotes I can get.

Help we have lpenty of on here, Bits for modifying are a bit harder to come by...

Oz in Japan can get quite a lot of stuff from the Japanese auctions but you do have to remember that the postage costs will be high if things get either large or heavy...

As for meetings, if you go down a few levels on the forum you will find an events section, the top message is all the current events at the moment.

If you contact Chris or John (jcs on here) then I'm sure they will be able to fill you in with any more details.

The picture looks good, The white wheels suit it quite well

Anyway, if you have any questions then ask away, I'm sure people on here will soon come up with some answers.

Adrian.

Andy V
20-08-2003, 10:03 PM
Haven't been around here long meself, but as Nunakhan says, this is the place to be if you own a Beat.

The search facility here is useful too as a fair number of subjects have been covered before in some way - but don't be afraid to ask away. Folks here have been a great help in the 2 weeks I've been around.

Tesco was the best rate I found for our insurance, but then I'm an old fart these days so didn't get hit by the age factor. ('Bout the only time I've been pleased about advancing age....sigh!).

Andy (& Pat) both temporarily Beat-less UFN......

Fahd
20-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Hello Again & Salaam Nuna!

Many thanks for the warm welcome. In answer to questions asked, my best quote for motor insurance was from Tesco's. I'd say 80% of the companies do not want to know if you are under 21!

Also, I have been checking OZ's website, there are some really nice Beat's there. I dont know if any of you guys have tried accessing the auctions but I cant seem to see the items offered in English, it only appears in Jap. Any help/advice please!?

Another thing is that there was a thread for a twin exhaust available a bit ago, has anyone had a chance to either see or test one??

Bye for now!

adrianp
20-08-2003, 10:58 PM
Hi,

I have managed to get access to the auctions both in Japanese and English,

I tend to have them both open at the same time though because the Japanese one shows all of the pictures whilst the translated one only shows the 1st 3 on each page

Auction in Japanese (http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search?sb=desc,cat&desc=%a5%db%a5%f3%a5%c0++%a5%d3%a1%bc%a5%c8&cat=0&auccat=0&acc=jp&f=0x92&alocale=0jp&mode=1)

Auction in English : Well I'll post a long to a translated version when I can get it to work....

It works ok on my PC but when I post it on here, it doesn't work???

As for exhaust, I don't know anything about the twin one but I have had a special one imported in from Japan, it's a bit loud but worth it just to be different...

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=366

Adrian.

ozsamurai
21-08-2003, 07:08 AM
Welcome aboard Fahd, OzSamurai..... Most everyone has already described the parts of the board it seems, I get the fancy bits you want from the auctions and suppliers over here. The link on my site is intentionally in Japanese FYI. A standard english keyboard can't input 'ホンダ ビート' (which will probably look like garbage on the screen here) it says Honda Beat in Katakana, so that makes the search more thorogh than just putting the English in, as most sellers don't write it in English. There are a bunch of translating pages out there once you've found something that takes your fancy. Anyway, welcome again and lets know if me or the Honda Ninjas can help ya into something.

Cheers

Oz

tinytim
21-08-2003, 10:52 PM
Hi Fahd,

Welcome to the (little bit mad) Beat world.

I hope you can do better with your insurance but can't offer any more than has been said, I'm with tescos, but I'm and old fart so the days of 4 figure insurance are gone (I hope).

As for a hard top, I've got one that I think I'm gonna have to put up for sale.
You'll see the thread appear when I run out of options for funding my building work.

Again welcome.