PDA

View Full Version : A few stats!

Paul w
20-08-2003, 05:53 PM
Just been tinkering with the database that this board runs on, and i thought i'd share a few stats with you about the last 12 months!

Number of hits 1523608
Number of visits 37790
In july alone we had 172721 hits and 1041414kbytes of data downloaded!

Just thought i'd let you all know!

Ta for making it so popular!

any idea what happened mid july??

PW

:bounce:

adrianp
20-08-2003, 06:17 PM
Mid July,

Was that when the search engine started trawling through the site??

IP 66.196.72.** was trawling through the whole site on the 17 at leased...

Ady.

Paul w
20-08-2003, 08:05 PM
the inktomi spider visits every 24hrs, and indexes each page on here, so in theory you can search for the contents of any of the posts from yahoo, google etc. I've looked at the logs in depth for that time period, and it doesnt look like a repeated visit. Maybe there was a beat on TV somewhere, on some 'Men and Micro Motors' cable channel?

PW

adrianp
20-08-2003, 09:34 PM
Oh Ok...

I was just going by the fact that of the 29 guests online when I was, 26 of them had that IP address... and it was like that for a few days???

Oh well the mistery continues, we have an IP look up at work I'll get our IT dept to try and find it's approx location.

Ady.

P.S.

You been changing colours again....

oops, just read your other post... lol :o

Andy V
20-08-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Paul w
In july alone we had 172721 hits and 1041414kbytes of data downloaded!

any idea what happened mid july??
:bounce:

When we drove our Beat down from Chatham to Doncaster a few weeks ago, several people in the two petrol stations we called at asked if we were driving a Honda Beat and said they'd seen some at a recent car rally or show 'up north' (this was in Gillingham and Peterborough).

If a few of you had been at a rally or show in July that might have raised the profile a bit....

Andy (& Pat) ..... hoping to get to a meet or rally when we get our Beat back....

Paul w
20-08-2003, 10:27 PM
Hmmm, weird!
The log (now deleted, it had grown to 158 megs!!!!) didnt show it like that, i wonder if they were referals?

Trippy!

PW