PDA

View Full Version : Zip

Mat
22-08-2003, 12:23 PM
I MIGHT BE STATING THE OBVIOUS BUT ONLY REALISED THIS THE OTHER DAY

I WAS RUSHING TO GO OUT SO PULLED MY HOOD UP, DID UP THE TWO LATCHES UNDER THE WINDSCREEN AND THEN WENT TO CLOSE THE PLASTIC WINDOW ZIP. IN MY RUSH TO GO OUT ON THE POP I PULLED THE ZIP OFF THE TEETH SO JUST LEFT OPEN AND WENT OUT.
NEXT DAY WHEN I FIXED THE ZIPPER BACK ON IT DAWNED ON ME HOW MUCH EASIER IT IS TOO ZIP UP IF I DON'T CLOSE THE TWO LATCHES AS THIS EFFECTIVELY PULLS THE HOOD TAUT AND MAKES IT HARDER TO ZIP AS ONE SIDE OF TEETH ARE BEING PULLED AWAY FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF TEETH.
IS THIS REALLY STATING THE OBVIOUS TO EVERYBODY BUT I'VE OWNED THE CAR THREE YEARS AND ITS ONLY JUST DAWNED ON ME NOW :D

Steve_M
22-08-2003, 12:49 PM
I think it just depends how much your roof has shrunk with age, as to how tight the zip is to do up.

Certainly with the front catches just hooked on but not closed there is less tension in the hood so therefore less tension on the zipper.

I know i managed to pull the ring part off the zipper while rushing to close the roof when i caught in a rain storm, Have just put a key ring type ring on it now, much stronger.