PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy CD

Dion
12-09-2002, 09:11 PM
Hi all,

Does anyone know anything about the Beat CD multi changer?

Mine keeps going off.

It works fine when I start the car from cold. After 20 mins it goes off and displays err6. I turn it on and off but, it still displays the error code.

I've taken it apart and soldered a couple of dry joints on the input DIN socket but it's still keeps going off.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dion

adrianp
12-09-2002, 10:14 PM
Hi Dion,

Defenitely sounds like a thermal problem to me... Sounds like something inside has a small break in it and is getting just hot enough to seperate and cut the power

Unfortunately, tracking these faults down isn't easy and is normally a case of trial and error...

Which CD player has it got fitted, Gathers or Clarion??? with the few problems I have heard of with Beat changers, I would say that it is a Gathers one...

Keep looking, you'l get there with it in the end

Adrian
UKHBC No.59
Ipswich

:bounce:

Paul w
13-09-2002, 12:39 AM
hi, theres only one way to track a thermal fault down, and thats with freezer spray. take the lid off, w
ith untill the fault occurs then spray small areas of the pcb untill it clears.
only other solution is to fit a new clarion cdc 646 (i think!) they are about 120 quid.
pw

Dion
17-09-2002, 01:05 PM
Steve & Adrian,

I've fixed the CD.

Adrian, it's a Gathers.

There was a couple of dry joints on the din input on the head unit too.

Thanks for your help.

Dion

adrianp
21-09-2002, 07:26 AM
Hi Dion,

Glad you have got it sorted,

Now I have 6 station buttons working on mine (thanks for the info Paul) I really must get round to getting a cd player for it..

Adrian.

Dion
22-09-2002, 05:52 PM
Hi,

My CD player is still cutting out with the error message, ERR6 appearing.

And there's me feeling smug, thinking I'd fixed it!

Looks like I need to buy a new multi changer.

Is the Clarion CDC634 a direct replacement, that will fit straight into the Beat boot bracket?

Thanks for all your help.

Dion

Paul w
22-09-2002, 05:54 PM
Its a lot smaller than the gathers unit, about half the height! but i think you get brackets with it!

PW

(we are in the new chat room, see chat forum for details)

adrianp
22-09-2002, 07:04 PM
Hi Dion,

Clarion Cd Changers that work with the beat include the folowing models

CDC 635

CDC 634

CDJ 606 - early model that I found out about just today aparently the same dimentions as the Gathers model

I believe there are a couple of other models which I will add here when I find them

Hope this helps

Adrian
UKHBC No.59
Ipswich

Andy V
10-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Hello all,

Still don't have our Beat back yet, the garage opted to let their 'sparks' look at it first before taking the plunge and booking it in at the Honda Dealer. He's still looking at it.....

Apart from the "Fault Code 9 - No.1 Cylinder Position Sensor" problem mentioned in detail on another thread, the other fault they've been trying to rectify is with the CD Autochanger.

The old autochanger has now been declared unrepairable and the garage now say they're having trouble tracking down any suitable replacement.

The 'tech info' bit of the u-ukhbc website mentions the Clarion CDC634 available from http://www.caraudiosecurity.com but this model is no longer available from them, nor are the other models listed here some time ago by Adrian.

Car Audio Security do, however, still stock a model described as a Clarion DC-628, available for £119.99. There's no mention of whether that is compatible with the Honda Beat. Any ideas Folks?

Andy & Pat (still hoping to get their Beat back one day).

adrianp
10-09-2003, 06:37 PM
Hi Andy,

Hope they fix your Beat soon.

The DC-628 is very compatible because thats what I have fitted to mine...

Works well also, I'm yet to hit a bump that makes it skip...:D

And for the last few months, I haven't used the radio, only the CD so it's had quite a bit of use playing the same 6 CD's over and over again (must get some new ones soon);)

Hope this helps

Adrian.

Andy V
10-09-2003, 06:46 PM
Thanks Adrian,

We'll get the garage onto Car Audio Security tomorrow to obtain one.

Cheers!

:) :) :)

Fahd
10-09-2003, 07:44 PM
After looking through OZ's website. The following clarion models also seem to be compatible. These model's are:

CDC635 & CDC634 (CD Changers)
MDC635 & MDC625 (MD changers)

Just wondering if anyone has fitted any of the the above changers to their Gather's system?

Cheers

Paul w
11-09-2003, 10:11 AM
I have fitted a cdc634 with no problems, but couldnt get a MD changer to work (do a search on here for MDC to find the thread)

PW

ozsamurai
11-09-2003, 10:15 AM
I'm not sure about the inavailability issue of the CDC range, I can still get them here on back order though as the technology is dated. I have heard on the grape vine over here that basically and same pin (6pin , 13pin?) changer will work, as long as its Clarion compatible, Gathers is Clarion, there is no difference! Clarion produces stereo components for Honda to this day under the Gathers name. Until recently all Honda stereos were badged Gathers, now alot carry the Honda logo, in that case its a toss up whether they are Clarion or Pioneer. Your Beat door speakers are actually Pioneer 20W's. Error 6.......had it once.....took a dust blower to the unit, cleaned it out, did a few pick up cleans and it was gone. Cheers

Oz

Paul w
12-09-2003, 11:34 AM
The only real requirement is that it has Carion C-Bus compatability, that said the MDC was supposed to have it.......;

PW