PDA

View Full Version : Paypal

jcs
19-11-2003, 09:13 PM
WARNING: PayPal are being targetted by a virus called MIMAIL that picks up your credit card details. It's a big-time problem apparently. The following is an extract from one of the news links I get:

Brace yourself for the latest virus epidemic. Just days after
being hit by the Mimail.i worm, PayPal users are now under
attack from Mimail.j, which is spreading rapidly. If you
receive an email from "Do_Not_Reply@paypal.com", don't fall
for it by revealing your credit card details.
PAYPAL USERS TARGETED BY LATEST MIMAIL MUTANT
http://slink.com.com/slink?215362

Sorry Oz, but it makes this a risky payment method at the moment. I'd advise people to get up to speed on this issue before using PayPal. I'm sure it'll get resolved, as these things do.

ozsamurai
20-11-2003, 02:36 PM
I only use PayPal as is convenient for you guys, regular bank transfer details are available on the page as well, if anyone feels at risk here please feel free to use that option, its a site cheaper anyway in the long run for me anyway. Just take more time to come through.

Cheers all

Oz

Paul w
20-11-2003, 03:30 PM
This 'worm' does not make paypal any less safe, it just targets paypal users and tries to make them reveal their passwords, credit card details etc.

The site itself is still as safe as ever, just be sensible, check the web address at the top, look for the padlock at the bottom, and dont follow links on unsolicited emails.

PW

adrianp
20-11-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Paul w
This 'worm' does not make paypal any less safe, it just targets paypal users and tries to make them reveal their passwords, credit card details etc.

The site itself is still as safe as ever, just be sensible, check the web address at the top, look for the padlock at the bottom, and dont follow links on unsolicited emails.

PW

I agree with that Paul...

There was one going about recently that was targeting people who bank online... Trying to get all there details also..

Paypal is still pretty safe as far as I'm concerned but obviously the choice is theirs wether they use it or not...

Adrian.