PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Swords

ozsamurai
07-12-2003, 01:13 PM
Dear All,
I know this one is way off beat but...you can only ask!

Anyone that knows anyone who has Japanese swords to sell (most likely WWII souvenirs) put the word out on the street that I am buying, any condition, top dollar paid for blades depending on age and condition....
Ask them to send a photograph of the sword showing the butt of the blade after the handle has been removed (both sides) and a total length picture.

Cheers

Oz

adrianp
07-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Hi Oz,

Probably not exactly what you're looking for but have a look at what's for sale here...

Wholesale Knives (http://www.wholesaleknives.co.uk)

Adrian.

P.S.

Did my xmas card turn up???

ozsamurai
07-12-2003, 11:33 PM
Thanks for showing me the link to the site, they are very nice replicas indeed, and a very reasonable price it seems. Unfortunatley, copies are not what I'm after, there are still a bunch of blades floating around, in Australia, England etc... from the allied forces.

I did receive your X-Mas card, it was a very nice thought, and I especially appreciated the BEAT Stamp you put on it, what a great idea! I have kept the stamp of course! There is something on the way for you all from me, without spoiling the surprise, lets just say I hope you enjoy it all year round!?

Cheers

Oz

adrianp
09-12-2003, 06:33 PM
Hi Oz.

Mine turned up today...

I won't spoil it for others but it's excelent,

Thanks alot.

Adrian.

Steve_M
09-12-2003, 07:31 PM
Hi Oz

Got my Xmas prezzy from you today.

Cheers Matey!!! Nice surprise

Happy Xmas to you

Paul w
10-12-2003, 05:50 PM
Nice one oz, many thanks for that!!!

Happy xmas!

PW

jcs
10-12-2003, 08:18 PM
Oz - thanks very much. Very much appreciated. Akira sent Chris a little book earlier in the year and I think that also was Nakamura.

A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

John and Chris

ozsamurai
11-12-2003, 12:26 AM
Good, I'm glad they all arrived safely, I was a little concerned over the cases cracking in the post I hope none did. Just a little background for y'all......This year there was a series of 6 HONDA calendars, F1, etc... This is the only one that featured a Beat (Sep). Drawn by Nakamura, It sold out in the first week of sale (in company), and never made it to retail market, they have already tripled in value on the auction boards so will become a collectors item in the 'beat world' I feel. I laid my hands on 10 through bribery and duress as they had sold out at our company shop the first day. Hope you all enjoy them as much as I enjoyed finding them (lol).

Merry X-Mas to you and yours.......

BTW....I will be working through to the Sat. 27th (Japan doesn't celebrate X-mas, neither does Honda!!)(sob!)

Oz

jcs
11-12-2003, 07:24 PM
But you can get ratted at New Year, right!?

Paul w
11-12-2003, 07:29 PM
Hmm, Chinese new year is in jan/feb as i recall, not sure about Japan though....oz?

PW

ozsamurai
11-12-2003, 11:55 PM
Unfortunatley there is no joy for this little black duck over the 'festive'? season, New Years is what we would imagine X-Mas day to be, quiet day with the family, trip to the shrine and some good old home town Sushi just like mum used to make.....not! So no piss up for me (sniff!) The holiday goes till the 4th Jan then back to work! Japanese new year is for visiting relatives (dead ones too) and then Obon in Aug is where they visit you back (only the dead ones though), so its a kind of solemn event..... IN that respect Chinese and Japanese NewYear couldn't be further apart. The 'fun' period in Japan is the Matsuri Season which is festival season, you get to dress up in your kimono's go down the main street carrying these portable shrines (omikoshi) on your shoulders, screaming like a twit while half naked girls (wrapped in loins cloths) pour Sake all over you, and some in your mouth too, so by the end of the day you are usually plastered and can no longer feel the weight of these huge shrines that have been grinding into your shoulder all day. At that stage, when everyone is 'happy', you charge up the steps to the main shirine (about 120 step on a 45 deg) to bless your portable shirne before it gets put away for the year.

So there is some fun here, just not around this time of year!

Cheers
Oz