PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler

Jason
16-09-2002, 11:58 PM
Hey everyone,

I have finally got a replica made of my spoiler made out of fibre glass. If anyone is interested I can make more. It costs $375 Australian dollars (I think this is about 1 UK Pound:D) to make plus postage and handling. The only diffence with them aside from being made of fibre glass is that they attach using self tappers. I have attached a picture of one in primer.

Regards

Jason

adrianp
17-09-2002, 06:34 AM
Hi Jason,

Just a couple of questions that I recon everyone will be wondering...

I gather that the price doesn't include the brake light??

If not, what size unit is needed to fit the gap?? Can it be supplied at the same time??

(SteveM, is the genuine one still available if needed ??)

What is the finish like?? the quality of fibreglass products available over here in the UK can vary quite a lot...

Lastly, any idea on rough shipping costs to the UK??

I'm not after one at the moment but might be soon if my search for an alternative spoiler don't come to anything...

Ta,

Adrian
UKHBC No.59
Ipswich

P.S.

At the moment AU$375 = approx £134

Jason
17-09-2002, 09:21 AM
Adrian,

I'm affraid the light is not supplied, although the gap in the spoiler is identical to the original. I believe that the Stanley brake light is common to a number of Honda's.

Honda can still supply spoilers but there are only a few left, in limited colours and very expensive!

Both my sisters live in the UK so I was thinking of sending a sample to them in the next few weeks if you wanted to look at it.

Regards

Jason :)

Steve_M
17-09-2002, 09:16 PM
Adrian

The Original Brake light for in a Beat spoiler is not available via Honda UK.

As Jason says the Stanley Brake light could be common to other models of Honda. I fitted a new one to a Civic the other month, but not sure on sizes etc. the Civic one was £54

HTH

Steve M

Steve_M
29-09-2002, 06:04 PM
Civic brake light wont fit in beat spoiler :(

Jason
29-09-2002, 11:14 PM
Thanks Steve,

I was thinking of producing the spoilers without the light recess particulary if the lights are no longer available.

Whatchathink?

Jason

Jason
29-09-2003, 10:18 AM
Just a reminder that if anyone is after a Replica Spoiler they are still available for 125 pound. They are made of fibreglass and are identical to the original in every respect except they do not have the recess for the brake light. If anyone is interested in one please don't hesitate to contact me. You can pay me using either Paypal jwtepper@urban.net.au or you can simply send a cheque to...

Jason Tepper
6 Arundel Court
Box Hill South
Victoria
Australia 3128

Jason
27-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Hey Gang,

Just had an inquiry about these spoilers. They are still available for $400 AUS plus postage.

Regards

Jason