PDA

View Full Version : bonnet, radio, bits and yellow paint

Nikki
04-02-2004, 09:59 AM
Hi - i've just recently pranged my luvvly beat and need a new bonnet in yellow! Either that or i may need to get it resprayed but don't know where to get the paint from!

Also, does anyone know how i can get my radio sorted so i can pick anything? I've been told it's some sort of chip i need to get. I'm in Surrey, so if anyone knows anywhere please please do let me know.

I've also lost a few bits and pieces to the hoover (bag was empty and still nowhere to be seen!). Basically a couple of the buttons for the radio and a heater button if anyone has one?

Many thanks is anyone can help
Nikki

adrianp
04-02-2004, 05:54 PM
Hi Nikki,

The radio can hopefully be sorted by getting a band expander, A good car audio shop (not halfords...) should be able to source you one if they don't stock them.

The reason we need them is because the Japanese radio frequencies are lower down the scale than our ones. The expander moves our frequency down the scale so thay the Jap radio can pick it up.

Silly question first though... you have got the ariel up haven't you... I wondered what was up with mine a few months back then remembered I'd lowered it when I cleaned the car:o

The buttons can probably be ordered from OZ our 'Man in Japan', he is able to get most things that we ask for and we have a box of bits come over every couple of months to save on postage for larger items.

As for the bonnet, I'm afraid I can't help but someone might...but the Paint code for Yellow is Y53 (I think) so should be able to be matched by a paint mixing place.

Hope this helps

Adrian.

Spence100
05-02-2004, 07:10 AM
Nikki

I was just looking on the Yahoo website Japan, and I know the cost to get it shipped over might be too high but!

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b48111810

You can find the link to all the parts in Japan if you look at Oz's wrecker link in parts for sale/wanted.

cheers Spence. :D

Nikki
06-02-2004, 10:00 AM
yeah - I'm sure the postage would be huge!! I'm going to get a quote on fixing mine first, but thanks loads for sending it on!

Was it you that was able to get radio buttons aswell? As i need a 1&2 and a 3&4. I don't min waiting if there's a box coming over at soem point

cheers
Nikki:D

Spence100
06-02-2004, 11:09 AM
Nikki

No the man you need to speak to is OZ!

He should be able to get those for you and send them over in the Box.

Cheers Spence.