PDA

View Full Version : No.1 cylinder sensor

Dion
25-09-2002, 06:40 PM
Hi,

A friend of mine's Beat has a rev limit at 7000rpm.

We have bridged the service check connector and it flashed 9 times. This means the No.1 cylinder sensor is faulty.

He has had the No.1 cylinder sensor (£98 inc VAT) replaced by a friend of his, who's a mechanic.

But the engine check light still comes on and it's flashing 9 times when the service connector is bridged.

We've tried disconnecting the battery and removing the 7.5A fuse to reset the ECU but the check light still comes on as soon as the engine is started.

Can anybody help?

Dion

adrianp
25-09-2002, 07:28 PM
Hi Dion,

Thats exactl the same symptoms that I have got... Mine only revs to 7250rpm and has the same fault code.. but I don't get the engine light...???

SteveM was hoping to find time to change the sensor on mine soon but if it didn't work on your mates then I'm not sure if it will work on mine either...

Looks like I'll have to start looking at other possibilities before I have the sensor replaced. I'm going to have a look around the ECU connections when I get a chance to take the interior apart and see if there is anything that looks wrong in that department.

Keep us informed of any progress made

Adrian

:help:

Steve_M
25-09-2002, 07:50 PM
It could be a connection problem etc. the sensor it self is just a coil of wire, but they do seem to suffer from over heating and all the insulation melts away from round the sensor.

The sensor it self should have a resistance of 700-1000 Ohms

You would be able to check this at the sensor it self (2 pin plug) and also at the ECU wiring Pins D5 and D6 (plug D is the 22 pin plug on the ecu, towards the right as you look at the ecu in situ)
and its a white wire and a orange wire.

Could also so perhaps be an ecu fault, have known an ecu to keep having the same trouble code up due to failed circuits inside it.

HTH

Steve M