PDA

View Full Version : My old CRX

Dion
03-10-2002, 01:45 PM
Hi all,

Just found some pics of my old CRX delSol SiR.

Thought you might want a look.

Dion.

adrianp
03-10-2002, 06:39 PM
Very Nice Dion,

Was it a manual or electric roof??

I know the manual one leaves more useable room in the boot and has less (almost nothing) to go wrong but I still think that the electric one looks briliant when in action...

Never know, I might get one when I decide to change the Calibra for something else...

Adrian

:bounce:

Dion
03-10-2002, 07:50 PM
Hi Ade,

It had a manual roof.

I had chance of an electric roof but chose manual, cos like you say, there's less to go wrong.

You ought to have a drive in one, just to experience the VTEC sensation. It's unbelievable. I still miss it.

Dion.

Paul w
04-10-2002, 11:37 AM
I miss mine too!

I had an ESI uk model (i believe anthea turners sister wendy bought it after me!)
The manual roof was much quicker to put on and off in a shower. The electric one took about 90seconds i believe and you have to be stationary to use it. It used 9 different electric motors too!

I had a VTI civic (K plate) that was a real hair raiser, an absolute scream to drive (especiall when leaving RS turbos standing - what do you mean you have to change gear already???)
I remember you could get just shy of 70 in second......

Any one got any recent news on the little honda that is supposed to be coming out (Beats successor)?

PW

Dion
05-10-2002, 03:17 PM
Hi Ade, Paul,

What's the new Beat? Can you give me an internet site so that I can have a look at it?

Is it the Sprocket or is that supposed to be the new CR-X?

Thanks,

Dion

adrianp
05-10-2002, 03:56 PM
Hi Dion,

I think this is what Paul is on about,

It's called the Honda S660, I don't know any details though :mad: I only had this pic sent to me...

Hopefully I can find time to do a search and see it I can come up with anything else about it...

Adrian

UPDATE:

Well I have just done a quick search and found the info that went with the Picture...

"Honda to revive S-series... 'S660' headed for 2001 launch. On the back of a successful S2000 world launch, insiders inform that Honda is now setting its sights on production of a 660cc sportscar in the image of those superb S600 and S800 coupes of yesteryear. Blueprinted to get a front-engine, rear-drive platform, its newly designed naturally aspirated 660 cc 4-cylinder will pump out around 100ps and close to 10,000rpm, such hi-tech wizardry borrowed from Honda's motorcycle division. To keep weight under 700kgs, S2000 construction methods will be implemented. Said to resemble the Suzuki Cappuccino in proportion and employ double wishbones, the 'S660' is expected to hit the market in 2001 priced between 1.5 to 1.7 million yen."

Adrian.

Jason
05-10-2002, 11:33 PM
I'm in love...

It is 2002 where are they? Has anyone seen the Daihatsu Copen?

Jason

Dion
06-10-2002, 01:13 PM
Hi all,

The car looks lovely, initial impression, much like a Chrysler Neon up front & an S2000 down the side. The technology sounds amazing, especially 100BHP from a 660cc 4 cyl engine!

Sounds like Honda are trying to price it under £10,000, which is nice. Keeping costs down to attract buyers to the Honda brand, like they did with the gorgeous Civic Type R.

I've seen the Daihatsu Copen in 2 guises. The first, although a concept car, was the better looking of the 2. They've tarted the production model up with side skirts and big spoilers, which I personally think is overkill on such a pretty little car.
But, that's my opinion. The roof is very clever though, SLK fold away design. The Copen will be priced at around £15,000 which is way too expensive for what it is.

Hopefully Honda will get the S660 model out soon and clean up.

Dion

laserchains
09-10-2002, 01:42 AM
Read in Autocar last week that the copen in Japan would have an slk style roof and for Britain there was a possibilityof a canvas roof.May make it slighty cheaper. Regards Marcus.