PDA

View Full Version : Speeding fine conditional offer withdrawn?

mlind1
17-04-2004, 06:28 PM
Having been caught by a speed camera doing 67 in a 50 (it is usaully a 70 mph road but there were road works. Not that there was anyone on them or anyone around me doing 50!) I received a 3point £60 conditional offer. I filled out the first form admitting it was me and finally (after about a month or so received another letter asking me to send licence etc to the justices clerk.

Now for some idiotic reason I didn't send the money or my licence. Fnally sent it this week, and have received a letter with the cheque etc back saying that the conditional offer has been cancelled. Now indication of what this means or what is going to happen. Any one know? I know it was stupid. Should have sent it ages ago!

thanks for any help. Bit worried now.!

jcs
18-04-2004, 12:42 PM
I think you'll find that you may now have to attend court to deal with the matter as they won't accept payment after the 28 day period. This will probably result in an additional £30 fine but should not increase the points added to your licence for the offence. It might mention late payment on the back of the first ticket you got?

Steve_M
18-04-2004, 10:42 PM
The conditonal offer is only available for a certain number of days (I thought it was 28 days) it is then passed to the courts who then have 6 months to send you a summons. On the summons they give you a date for a court hearing which you can plead by post and in your case would prob come back with the 3 points and the £60 fine plus £35 court costs.