PDA

View Full Version : Broken aeriel - wanted

adrianp
18-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Just a thought,

Has anyone got a broken Beat aeriel assy they don't want,

I'm looking at trying an electric aeriel conversion but need a proper Beat aeriel to rob bits from...

I don't care about the mast bit, I just need the rest of it.

Ta

Adrian.

Bob F
29-04-2004, 07:57 PM
Hi,
Ive got the broken bit but what I really need is a good one. any idea's?
Bob

adrianp
29-04-2004, 09:26 PM
Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum, I see your just down the road from me...

Yep, There is a solution thats not to difficult.

We have a box of bits come over from Japan every couple of months,

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=12

We have a guy (Oz) over there who gets things for us and then ships them over all at once to save postage.

Aeriels aren't all that expensive to buy but the postage does start to add up a bit

I've got a 2nd hand one on the way for my beat coming in this box,

I paid about £10 for it at auction but by the time it was delivered to Oz that postage etc makes it closer to £20...

But since you can't get hold of them very easily, it's worth paying to get one...

I just fancy a play at an electric one to have somethign different.

Another solution is an adaptor that allows you to use a stubby aeriel stalk like the S2000 has, there's another thread about them on the forum

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=739

Hope this helps

Adrian.

Bob F
08-05-2004, 10:12 AM
Hi Adrian,
Thanks for the info but could you help with details of auction sites and the process etc. Sorry to sound dumb but I have been out of the loop for a while.

Oh, and more importantly for you, you are welcome to my old aeriel when I get a replacement.

Cheers
Bob

adrianp
08-07-2004, 07:18 AM
Oops just realised I hadn't replied to this one...:o

Getting things from Oz in Japan is pretty straight forward, we mainly just look through the Jap auctions online and find what we want, make a note of the item number (pref: a direct link) and ask Oz to bid up to what we are prepared to pay.

If we win then we have the option of either PayPal the money over to him (plus postage, plus PP fees) or we can bank transfer the money instead (plus postage, no PP fees)

There's another owner in our area now ( JGGIB in clacton) maybe we should all meet up for a natter at some stage.

Adrian.

barkley
08-07-2004, 06:59 PM
ring make an ordinary aerial that looks pretty good i put one on mine if any one wants a pic lemme no