PDA

View Full Version : JULY Big Box Now OPEN!!

ozsamurai
20-05-2004, 07:47 AM
Back for more damage to your hip pocket is the next Big Box, scheduled to ship by end of JULY 2004.....Again pls subscribe to this post so you can keep track of whats going on, and whats being ordered as sometimes bulk orders save everyone some money....

'Gentlemen Start Your Engines!'

Cheers

Oz

jcs
20-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Oz,

It still seems they are struggling to get an original new bumper for Chris' silver Beat, which I very much want to get repaired and up to spec for upcoming events.

Is the box big enough for an OEM bumper? Also, can you remind me what options there are that are not too radical a departure from the original.

thanks
John

ozsamurai
21-05-2004, 06:27 AM
Well I don't mind sending bumpers etc, if you like something over here, but the PO does, they only allow me to ship up to 3 cubic meters MAX, so a bumper by post is kind of out, it would have to come via a regular shipping company or airline, alternatively you could shout me a ticket to the UK and I'll shoulder the thing personally (lol) As for 'not to far off original' its kind of difficult in that most makers go for the 'nothing like original' designs. I can alway get an original off the auction boards most days of the week for under 20,000 in fact I have one in red that you could have if you wanna pay postage on it, but it needs some major TLC to the paint work. If I was going to get an OEM unit I still love the BYS front bumper and if you have the cash to splash their matching vented bonnet, (but this is far from original). Let's know if I can sort something out for you, maybe take a look at the galleries on my site and refresh your memories there's alot of new stuff there too.

Cheers

Oz

Paul w
21-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Hey, the BYS bumper is mine, no stealing it!!

PW

jcs
21-05-2004, 04:43 PM
"Well, dang ma hide" and other such phrases.

No sooner have I asked Oz about bumpers than mine arrives at the shop today!

Seems Honda UK work on the very, very big box approach ... they don't get it shipped 'til it's full! This probably means that my bumper has been sitting in a warehouse for weeks waiting for companion-ship (play on words - get it?)

So, soon have that fitted and painted and back to normal again.

Meantime, thanks for your advice.

John

Paul w
21-05-2004, 05:49 PM
Aint that always the way??

I ended up with an extra wishbone I didn't wish for in the same way!

I was going to suggest speaking to Fahd about using the space in the back of one of his 4x4 imports.

PW

jcs
21-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Now that would have been a great idea, and he don't live too far away.

Keep a rain check on that Paul.

tinytim
24-05-2004, 09:58 PM
Paul,
Talk to me about that extra wishbone. Do you still have it and which side???
Tim

Paul w
24-05-2004, 10:57 PM
Right hand side, rear. But they are supposed to be symmetrical.

PW

Bender unit
25-05-2004, 04:33 PM
Hello guys,

I have been a bit of a sleeper on this list (GF used to have a Beat – currently looking to replace the one that was killed by some old dear and her car!) :( but thought I would register and see if I could get in on the beat box. I hope no one minds?

I have seen some parts in a Yahoo Auction that I would like to get my hands on, but they wouldn’t be for a Honda Beat. I was just wondering if anyone would object to me coming in on the box and having some bits sent over which are “non beat”?

I fully understand if this is for Beat parts only so please say no if its not on.

The parts in particular would be a manifold, down pipe, external wastegate and turbo – I don’t know if these items would be too large or too heavy for the beat box?

Regards

James :)

Paul w
25-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Hi,

I think you would end up with 90% of the weight of the box to be honest, so it might be easier just to get it shipped seperately. Have you tried Fahd? He might pop the bits in a car he's importing?

PW

Bender unit
25-05-2004, 05:29 PM
Hello Paul,

Your probably right as the turbo and manifold are going to be pretty weighty. I would normally see if I can get the bits in an imported car but I have heard to many horror stories of bits being pinched during transit by the dock workers and people on the ship. A loose turbo/manifold and waste gate are a bit too easy to take. How much does the Beat Box usually cost to post? I don’t know if Oz would mind shipping my bits separately, I will drop him an Email and see what he says. I don’t want to stop any one else from getting some parts sent over with my bulky order.

Still I suppose if I have to front 90% of the cost then that means cheaper shipping for everyone else?

Kind regards

James :)

ozsamurai
26-05-2004, 01:45 AM
Bender,
although I don't mind sending 'non Beat' bits here and there, I have to agree with Paul, that in the end they would be better shipped separately from the BBox, just because of size, either through me or Fahd perhaps if he has anything coming in, if you want me to organize the bidding etc from this end I don't mind, latetly I have been pricing golf clubs, coffee makers and McDonalds Happy Meal toys so....basically anything goes as long as the size fits....

Cheers
Oz

Bender unit
26-05-2004, 03:35 PM
Hello Oz, and thanks for the reply.

Fair point made about getting the goods shipped separately from the beat box I had come to the conclusion that it probably needs to be shipped individually.

I know its one of those “how long is a piece of string” questions but how much would you assume postage to be on a manifold, turbo and wastegate? I am after these goods but don’t want to be paying their equivalent value in postage just top get them to the UK. Have you posted anything similar in the past?

I will also Email Fahd and see if he is importing anything at the moment.

How much would you require for your services?

Here are the bits I have found

Manifold
http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g19683289

I am tempted to go for the manifold only and worry about the rest later on. However I have also spotted a turbo which might be suitable.

Unfortunately the translation doesn’t say if the turbo is healthy and what the trim is on the compressor and turbine.

Turbo
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b51679436

The guy selling the above is also shifting some other stuff, I don’t know if he would he have a cheap waste gate he could include. I would mail him but for obvious reasons ;)?

http://openuser7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/user/tomrq6

If you can help I would be eternally indebted to you! If you don’t want to undertake all of this then I truly understand and please just say if its an inconvenience and you would rather pass.

Kind regards

James

Fahd
29-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Hi Guys,

Its been a while. Sure, I dont have a problem with placing the goods in the car. Just had a few leave Japan last week. Next lot should be in around 2 weeks. So let OZ know and he can sort the logistics out his end.

Cheers,
Fahd