PDA

View Full Version : first drive

JGGIB
03-07-2004, 09:38 PM
well got the beat today and it was great,grinned all the way hometook out my wife and she smilled all the way round,missed this type of driving ,have been driving jelly mould for years , couple points i want help with ,where can i get an english manual,got the origanal one buts in japanese,need swith for left hand electric window and information about radio but thats not important ,what should the tyre pressures be?hope to be getting nice shiny exhaust soon :cool: cant wait till sunday .......

adrianp
04-07-2004, 09:57 AM
Hi John,

Glad you've now got one, The grin is something you will have to get used to... Both from you and people who see the car also...

The window problem might be either a bad switch or a broken wire somewhere, it might pay to pop the switch pannel out and swap the connectors over to make sure it is actually the sitch before getting another one...

If it is the switch, OZ in Japan should be able to get you one quite cheap.

As for the owners manual in English... Pop over to this site

http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~alita/beat/index.htm

And drop Robert an e-mail (e-mail button in the menu of the site) to see if he has got any left. It will have to come from Australia but I've got one and it's pretty good.

Tyre pressures, I can't remember at the moment but I'll have a look later unless someone else beats me too it.

Hope this helps

Adrian.

Steve_M
04-07-2004, 10:41 AM
A new passenger side electric window switch via Honda UK is £47.41

and a rather literal translated Beat radio manual can be found here

Beat Radio Manual (http://www.honda-beat.co.uk/BeatRadioManual.doc)

And Paul W autoresponder still works

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86&highlight=radio

HTH

adrianp
04-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Hi John,

If the switch is missing, at leased that makes working out what's wrong easier...:p

If you look for a post by ozsamurai , you can click on his profile button and send him a PM from there.

The CD is an easy(ish) one. Clarion CD changers (6 disc) work with the Beat stereo,

Model numbers: CDC 634, CDC 635, CDC 628 (what I've got) all seem to work fine with the cable supplied with the changer.

Paul has been looking to see if he can get a mini disc changer to work but I don't think he's had any luck yet.

The box behind the passenger seat is basically just for keeping documents (handbook, maps etc) in, behind that is where the cars ECU (Brain) and fuel pump relay is.

As for you'rs being called 'Barbies Car' mine used to be called 'Noddys Car' by our next door neighbours grandson so it must be a kid thing...

Adrian.

Andy V
04-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by adrianp
As for the owners manual in English... Pop over to this site

http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~alita/beat/index.htm

And drop Robert an e-mail (e-mail button in the menu of the site) to see if he has got any left. It will have to come from Australia but I've got one and it's pretty good.

Thanks for posting that Adrian, I wasn't aware there was an English translation already available. I've e-mailed Robert.

I was thinking of investigating the cost of having a translation done.

Cheers,

Andy.

Andy V
04-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by JGGIB
thanks for the info on the radio have printed that off and will have a try, more questions what make cd fitts the radio ,I take it theyyyyyre mist be line out sockets in the rear or radio

There's a bit more about audio stuff on Robert's Aussie site in the FAQ at:

http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~alita/beat/faq.htm#What%20audio%20system%20came%20with%20the% 20Beat

adrianp
04-07-2004, 06:08 PM
Link didn't work Andy,

Try this one...

What Audio?? (http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~alita/beat/faq.htm#What/audiosystem/came/with/the/Beat)

Adrian.

oops, looks like you will have to scroll down the page a bit once you get there...

JGGIB
04-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Again thanks for info,had a look on the Australian web site looking through the mags the book headed convertibles ,there is my car... in all its glory.

Andy V
26-07-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Andy V

Thanks for posting that Adrian, I wasn't aware there was an English translation already available. I've e-mailed Robert.

I was thinking of investigating the cost of having a translation done.

I think the English-language translation of the Beat Manual is no more - I've had no reply at all from Robert in Australia.

Jason
26-07-2004, 02:36 PM
As far as I know there is no English Manual available. :( I have attempted to have parts translated but it is a huge job.

adrianp
26-07-2004, 02:44 PM
Hi Jason,

He's refering to a translated owners manual that Robert (from your side of the world) had made, I managed to get one but it was a while back.

I'll try dropping him a mail to see what I can find out.

Adrian.

Andy V
19-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by adrianp
He's refering to a translated owners manual that Robert (from your side of the world) had made, I managed to get one but it was a while back.

I'll try dropping him a mail to see what I can find out.

Adrian.

Ade,

I still haven't had a reply - did you get anywhere with your enquiries?

A translated version of the manual would be so useful.

Andy.

ozsamurai
21-08-2004, 04:02 PM
Just a note here on the Service Manual, I have been working on it for a while now, its about 4 inches thick and written on rice paper so don't expect it to be available soon but if you need a specific section then some of it has been done.....If anyone wants to pay me to translate it then go ahead make my week! lol

Cheers

Oz

If all you guys want is the Owners Manual, I can knock that off in my sleep if someone will send a scanned copy of it for me.

Bruce
08-12-2004, 09:19 PM
Off hand, I can't remember the tyre pressures in bar, which is in the Japanese manual, but I converted them to psi a while ago, and they are:

Front: 26psi
Rear: 29psi

They might be different for tyres wider than the standard.

Bruce