PDA

View Full Version : Broken Beat for Sale!!

Jenny B
16-07-2004, 07:49 AM
Any one interested in buying a Beat for spare parts? Mind you don't know what parts are any good!
Car broke down a few weeks ago and was towed away to the Honda Garage, don't think the problem was too bad but I had it booked for a timer belt change and the crank angle sensor. When they tried to fit the timer belt they tell me there is a problem with no. 3 cylinder and that as the bill is already at £500 I am looking at an eventual bill of around £2,000.

Beat will come with a new roof (ready to fit) a new timer belt and crank angle sensor (not sure if they will be fitted or not!! It has the original matts but the seats are grey and yellow vinyl.

Any offers?

Jenny B :suicide:

JGGIB
16-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Jenny B
Any one interested in buying a Beat for spare parts? Mind you don't know what parts are any good!
Car broke down a few weeks ago and was towed away to the Honda Garage, don't think the problem was too bad but I had it booked for a timer belt change and the crank angle sensor. When they tried to fit the timer belt they tell me there is a problem with no. 3 cylinder and that as the bill is already at £500 I am looking at an eventual bill of around £2,000.

Beat will come with a new roof (ready to fit) a new timer belt and crank angle sensor (not sure if they will be fitted or not!! It has the original matts but the seats are grey and yellow vinyl.

Any offers?

what is the asking price jenny

Jenny B
16-07-2004, 09:28 AM
Probably more than anyone is willing to pay! Got the Garage bill to pay £500, and new roof just bought for £340.

Car is K reg but think it is 1991 model, yellow, no modifications. Cost me £3,200 last year.

Open to offers, but don't really want to part with it.

My mobile is 07790 495720 if you want to get in touch with me.

Jenny

Andrew Fisher
16-07-2004, 10:22 AM
If you put it in a garage and sold off the bits piece by piece you could probably afford another one that worked!

Steve_M
16-07-2004, 10:30 AM
Crikey what have they done to get a bill of £500 with out fixing it. I expect if the cambelt had snapped that its just bent some valves.

Jenny B
16-07-2004, 11:04 AM
No cam belt had't snapped, I had booked it in for that to stop that problem occuring!

Isn't cost just what you would expect from a big Honda Dealership? I just can't find anywhere local that will touch it.

Might just have to get it towed home and save up! What would be the chance of getting a new engine all together?

Jenny

Steve_M
16-07-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Jenny B
Isn't cost just what you would expect from a big Honda Dealership?

But that would be about 7-8 hrs labour!!!

I presume perhaps they dont know much about beats, Cambelt change is only 3.5 hrs

I would not condem the engine just like that, its worth repairing them unless they are totally destroyed.

I have a spare Beat engine but it does require some work to make it servicable
http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=540

As you say perhaps get it home and see.

But i would certainly want the £500 bill explained to me saying exactly what they had done to account for those hours

Paul w
16-07-2004, 12:28 PM
I had mine in the workshop at Stuart Graham honda in cheshire for 2 months and it only cost me £700! That was cambelt, dizzy rebuild, brakes overhauled, exhaust fitted, MOT!

I supplied the parts myself.

transport over to them would probably only cost you 100-150 quid.

PW

Jenny B
16-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the replies. Going up to the garage now to speak face to face. Don't have internet access at home so let you know how I got on next week!!

Would buy that engine but no mechanic and no garage myself!

Jen

hondzilla
16-07-2004, 08:45 PM
i 've you are really going to sell the parts of the car i will be interested in the chassisnumber and registration papers

but it must be possibel to repair the car for a resonabel prize.
that's where the forum is for

Harry
19-07-2004, 10:27 AM
My beat is currently in need of some spare part surgery. If yours cannout get back on the road get in contact with me and i will see what can be agreed.

daniel
01-09-2004, 12:56 PM
sounds like what i'm looking for i need a beat for spare parts as i have been having troubles with locating parts for mine. i live in australia and would be interested to know more about this beat. if you could reply to me to my email danielhitzke@hotmail.com that would be great! thanks. dan

dougdoyle
13-11-2008, 05:19 PM
jenny, i would buy the timing belt, and the matts, also the ignition switch, and the boot lock and keys. let me know how much, thanks doug

Any offers?

beardo
13-11-2008, 08:35 PM
This thread is 4 years old. :suicide:

Mylee
13-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Doug, it would've been nice if you replied to my offer even if you didn't want the ignition and the door locks.

FYI the ignition is rivited to the steering column.

I'm guessing you've bought the stolen beat from Ebay.

Wh1teLeopard
14-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Stolen Beat?

aj17ay
14-11-2008, 03:12 PM
there was a 'CAT D' yellow Honda Beat on eBay a few days ago.

Belong to anyone on here????

Needed boot lock/ignition lock etc

Mylee
14-11-2008, 04:12 PM
there was a 'CAT D' yellow Honda Beat on eBay a few days ago. Belong to anyone on here????

Dougdoyle at a guess, as he's asking for a boot look and ignition

dougdoyle
26-11-2008, 08:58 PM

yes i bought it, but need some bits, a boot lock, and key, also the bottom cover of the ignition switch, plasic, the top part is o'k.
if you have any of these bits please let me know.
my emails is. ddoyle1@toucansurf.com.
i also want an owners manuel.
please let me know, doug

dougdoyle
26-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Dougdoyle at a guess, as he's asking for a boot look and ignition

boot lock for the boot, and key
my email is
ddoyle1@toucansurf.com.
thanks doug

dougdoyle
26-11-2008, 09:02 PM

it's mine.
my email is ddoyle1@toucansurf.com
doug

rogerpears
24-07-2009, 11:47 AM
do you have a distributer for sale for my poorly beat
email me or pm me
roger.pearson1@ntlworld.com
thanx

Steve_M
24-07-2009, 11:53 AM
The original post is over 5 years old, and the member has not visited the site for over 3 years, so dont be surprised if you dont get an answer.

:suicide:

do you have a distributer for sale for my poorly beat
email me or pm me
thanx

rogerpears
25-07-2009, 09:31 PM
i will buy a distributer if your selling
thanx

Mylee
25-07-2009, 10:51 PM