PDA

View Full Version : Petrol

Dion
10-10-2002, 05:18 PM
What petrol do you all use in your Beats?

I've been using Shell Optimax and I've noticed an improvement in performance over using normal unleaded.

Steve_M
10-10-2002, 06:43 PM
I always use Super Unleaded, its normally form an Esso Garage, as its at the end of my road.

When i can put Optimax in it i do.

And seeing ive got all the engine apart was quite pleased to see very little build up on the valves etc. (was this due to Optimax cleaning????)

HTH

Paul
10-10-2002, 06:58 PM
I recently put optimax in for the first time and noticed the improvement, only 3p a litre extra.

Paul w
10-10-2002, 09:36 PM
3p a litre extra??? My god, thats over 10p a tank!!!

I'm still on the same tank of fuel as when i bought the car! are they like disposable lighters?

;)

PW

Jason
11-10-2002, 06:12 AM
Hey guys...

In Melbourne at the moment unleaded is about 85cents a litre while premium unleaded is about 95cents. If there was approximately a 10% improvement in either fuel ecomony or power output then it would be worth it. However in my experience it is not.

Jason :rolleyes:

adrianp
13-10-2002, 07:48 AM
Hi,

I normally use Optimax in mine,

I don't notice much difference compared with Super Unleaded and there is only a slight improvement in how it runs over normal unleaded.

The only real difference is that it seems to run slightly smoother on Optimax, although I'm probably imagining that bit to justify the extra cost... :D

Maybe when I get the engine reving properly, I will notice the difference a bit more

Adrian.
:bounce:

john m
04-04-2003, 09:54 AM
In Ireland we dont have much of a choice, all that I can find is normal unleaded. In Dublin there is probably a better choice. The problem is that there are not as many performence cars over here as in the UK and the people that have them dont want to fork out 20% more for the higher grade fuel hence the stations dont supply it. But I would love to see if its effect on the Beat, was thinking of trying octane booster too!

Midship
05-04-2003, 01:03 AM
Hi John,

I Just bought my self some pro booster to up the octane of normal unleaded, to the level the car was designed to run on. ill let you know what its like when get my beat back on the road!

Robin
11-04-2003, 10:59 AM
Id be interested in knowing how the octane booster works. No where on the Isle of WIght sells super unleaded or shell optimax so i have to use just regular unleaded.
Do u think its worth buying an octane booster then?