PDA

View Full Version : Tales of a singing brick....

Paul w
11-10-2002, 09:58 PM
Well, just bought myself a new toy, but its all gone a bit pete tong!

I got a second hand Clarion MDC635 mini disc changer (see below)
Its dinky, fits snug up against my battery and looks lovely.
Now if only it worked!!
The problem is that the head unit doesnt seem to recognise it, and the CD icons just flash (all 6 of them)
The MD changer does all the right things though, checks which discs are in etc, and at one point it was even chosing the disk according to the button i pressed on the head unit.
I was in deep dispair when i called Clarion at swindon and had a good long chat with a guy there (cheers brian!)
I was telling him how i had read on a japanese page that the MDC625 works fine (i found this after i bought it!) but the 635 doesnt.
Brian was certain there should be no reason why it shouldnt work, but gave me more things to try. I'll give them a spin and report back soon!

PW

adrianp
11-10-2002, 10:03 PM
Oops...

And there was me thinking "Should I e-mail you to see how well it works..."

Maybe not then...:eek:

Bit small though, isn't it...

Hope you get it working soon,

Adrian

:bounce:

Paul w
11-10-2002, 10:07 PM
I've got loads of ideas where to put it (one extra one if it doesnt work!) Like i said, it fits at 90 degrees to the width of the boot, up against the battery seperator. giving me an almost useful boot!

PW

Paul w
12-10-2002, 09:33 PM
Well,
I've spent all day fiddling with it, but no joy.
I now have 2 options
1. contact Clarion again and hope they can help
2. send the changer back (i dont even know if it works anyway!)

I think its going to be the latter, and then keep my eyes open for a MDC 625.....

PW

adrianp
12-10-2002, 09:37 PM
Hi Paul,

Which cable are you using with it???

You never know, they might have changed a couple of wires round on this model so it might pay you to try it with the cable that came with it rather than the one you have installed for the CD changer...

Never know, it might work

Adrian

:bounce:

Paul w
12-10-2002, 09:42 PM
I've tried it mate, ive tried everything!!
even firing up the CD changer, then swapping leads after! actually that gave me the ability to chose a disk (ie press 2 and MD 2 is taken in)

Nothing else works, despite resets, disconnections, switch settings etc

:(

pw