PDA

View Full Version : shweet as a beat

DAVIDOFF59
03-08-2004, 11:48 PM
got engine started today.what a relief.had engine on engine mounts last nite and started puttin everythin back together at 10 this mornin.had engine started at 9 pm.not bad for a beginner with no previous mechanical experience cos only had help to mount engine then my mechanic left and i had to do the rest on my todd.
oz can you gimme total price including paypal fees for full condenser set,fuel relay and a set of the hood screws.screws rusted with her lying up.
would just like to thank everyone who gave their insight into rebuilding the engine......steve and co.could not have done it without you all.
wanna get resprayed an condensers etc done now and then i can start comin to beat meets.

Adam
04-08-2004, 10:47 AM
PM sent

DAVIDOFF59
04-08-2004, 04:19 PM
took beat for a spin today.oil light started flickering on the journey and then it went on full time.oil light goes off when engine just started.i cleaned the wire beside the oil filter which i presume is the sender unit for the low oil,to no avail.can someone help please.steve we are gonna check the oil pressure.what pressure should it be set at and where is the oil pump.any help much appreciated

Steve_M
04-08-2004, 06:29 PM
yeap, thats right that is the Oil pressure switch next to the oil filter. A gauge will attach into that hole and you would expect to have

at idle 0.7 kg/cm2

at 3000 rpm : 3.5 kg/cm2

this is when hot 80 degrees

HTH