PDA

View Full Version : Seats

JGGIB
10-08-2004, 10:21 AM
Dirty seats? got some good advice from steve about cleaning seats ,put them in the washing machine...thought i would try whilst car off the road ,after unzipping the back and taking wire loops off put them in on wool wash , outcome ,realy nice clean zebra seats fitted back ok as well.Also got rear screen out and try and get new plastic window fitted.furthers news to follow.

Robin
10-08-2004, 10:48 AM
How difficult did you find it unzipping the seats and then putting them back again? Could a very bad novice do it or not?

Cheers
Robin

JGGIB
10-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Robin
How difficult did you find it unzipping the seats and then putting them back again? Could a very bad novice do it or not?

Cheers
Robin
It was very easy to take back of ,take seat out of car,when out find end of zip and unzip,i took apart the seat and the back on the passenger side to start with,start pulling the seat cover up till you get to couple metal clips untwist them and move up another two near the top ,remove seat belt holder pull off..did not do the seat base but looking it unclips too.washed it really nice.word of warning on drivers seat big spring on reclinning part of seat i left alone ..going to try seat base now.

JGGIB
12-08-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by JGGIB

It was very easy to take back of ,take seat out of car,when out find end of zip and unzip,i took apart the seat and the back on the passenger side to start with,start pulling the seat cover up till you get to couple metal clips untwist them and move up another two near the top ,remove seat belt holder pull off..did not do the seat base but looking it unclips too.washed it really nice.word of warning on drivers seat big spring on reclinning part of seat i left alone ..going to try seat base now.
seat base done aswell all back together and nice and clean.