Thread: Powerflow exhausts

Powerflow exhausts

Info for all here
    As part of the repairs for my rear end I will be having a powerflow exhaust made up.
    I will be going for a twin pipe setup, one tail pipe on each side. Before starting the work the guy is saying no more than £300. If anyone is interested at £250 please post on here and when I take the car in I will try and do a deal for X No of pipes.

I will probably go for simply bolting the new pipe onto the Cat and get rid of the intermediate pipe. If you have a preference (intermediate pipe in or out, quad outs, single large)please say so as they will be able to do it.

I'm booked in for Mon 6th Dec so if you can persuade someone you deserve that extra special Christmas pressie, orders to Santa before then.
    If it ain't broke, take it apart and see how it works

i have powerflo exhaust very nice sound have stuck to the one pipe but its about 2 1/2" dia

Hi JG,

I fitted one of the Scorpion twin cans from the Blackbird on today just to see what it sounded like,,,,,,answer bloody awesome. Throaty tone at low to mid revs, lovely pitch change at 5000rpm. If I can get them fitted I think I will go them.
    My powerflow is only a 45mm setup so it sounds a bit tinny, the scorpions are 60-65mm.

how did we get on with the exhaust did you use the cans ... i see they can be bought cheap second hand with a scratch or two on them or from the states new ..this could be a way of a cheap stainless exhaust ....any pics would be great

I'm off down to Mike Stokes to have the exhaust done tomorrow (6 Dec). I don't think they will be able to put the scorpions in, they will fit one on top of the other but they are a bit long. I think it's going to depend on what radius he can get the pipe bent to.

I will post when the job is done to let you know and also what a powerflow setup would cost.

are they stainless steel? and are they tuned to extract a few more bhps from the little beat power house?
    if so i'd def be interested in having 2 pipe ver (with one pipe either side)

shane

Well I went with the Powerflow 500 box, It's a bit bigger than the Beat original so it's quieter with a lower tone. I had a two pipe output put on with a tail pipe on each side. Looks cool (pics to follow) and sounds great (not as great as the scorpion can but that simply wouldnt work which is a shame). I intend to repair the old system which was a powerflow 300 box with two tail pipes. That system also sounded great as Midship will testify so when I get it done someone will be able to grab a bargain.

I can't wait to see it Tim. Oh be happy you got a quiet car mine is really loud.
    I have a dream

Damn! Forgot to take the photo after I washed it and it's too dark now, I'll get one posted soon though. There isn't really much to see, he did a very tidy job so from the rear there are only 2 stubby 3" diameter tail pipes to be seen.
    It's not that much quieter than the 300 box at high revs, which surprised me, I guess these boxes are designed for cars so don't deal too well with the frequency at 8000+.
    I've had the idea of removing the cat and putting one of the scorpion boxes in there but I'll need to measure up first cos I think it's going to be too long. The sound with one of those cans fitted will be worth the effort though.

And here it is
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new exh.jpg 
Views:	500 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	749  

looks nice and neat me has bought a couple of bike cans of e bay for a tenner each so with a little help from a pipe bender i think i shall have a go that road when i come back from hols

Let me know how it goes, I've found someone who can cut down the scorpion cans. I'm planning to put one in place of the cat and keep one as the output because I have an insert for it if it's too loud.
    I'm just not sure if putting one right on the exhaust manifold is wise, will it burn out?
    What do you recon?