Thread: New Toy.

Talking New Toy.

Well I've finally done it...

Temptation (and a credit card limit increase... ) has proved to much and I now have a CD changer in the beat.

Went out today and bought a CDC628 and it is now nicely fitted to the car. I can't believe how much nicer the music sounds now compared to listening to the radio or a tape.

And I haven't lost any boot space as I have mounted it behind the drivers seat instead so that it is easier to get to if I decide to change the CD's in it

Adrian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cd.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	45  

CD changer

Hi Ade,

I would love to mount the CD changer behind the drivers seat, but having long legs, space is at a premium. It's tight for me with the seat fully back.

I can't fit mine behind the passenger seat either as there is a map case there.

I've just purchased the same model as you and have fitted it today.

The sound is good and it doesn't seem to jump as much as the original Gathers model. Although, the 6 disc cartridge isn't as well made as the original.

Have you got dash mounted speakers fitted to your Beat?

Dion

Hi Dion,

No, No speakers on the dash for me..

Mine is only a 40w stereo so I don't get the luxury of the extra speakers.

I thought about the passenger side but like you, the map case would be in the way plus the ECU etc live behind that side and you never know, it might interfere with something...

I agree with you about not jumping though , we've got speedbumps along where I live but even they don't make it jump.

See you Sunday

Adrian.

CD changer

Hello!
    Where did you buy the mounting for your cd changer? I have been given the changer but no mounting with it! Also, is it pretty easy to wire up the cd changer to stereo?

Cheers
    Catherine

Hi Catherine,

IIRC (it was 4 years ago ) I got the mounting brackets with the changer.

They're easy enough to fit too.

The most difficult & time consuming part is routing your cable.

silly!

Oh so it was, silly me!! Thanks for reply anyhow, I've got a friend fitting it so the routing the cable will be his problem!!

Catherine

hmm hey adrian..the system is really cool ..but wasnt the cd changer on the back not better ... then well behind the drivers seat ...
    ------------------------------------------
    Got Alot To do With My
    Beat
    ------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,

Boy this is an old one...lol

Cat,

the brackets came with the changer although I'm sure most car stereo places would be able to sort you out with a set if you get stuck...

Death,

Yep, I could have mounted it in the boot but I decided I wanted to keep what little space that is there available for the custom luggage set I had made up...

Mounting it behind the seat, I think I only lost 1 notch on the travel of the seat and it was still hidden away out of site even with the roof down.

Ady.

boot space

Just thought that with the new luggage restrictions on air travel I could take the Beat to the airport !!!!!!!!!!