Thread: Stereo Removal help

Stereo Removal help

Hi all, does anyone know if a thread already exist detailing how the Gathers stereo comes out without breaking anything? -and also which details the correct cable run for the multichanger lead?(could'nt see anything in the service manual) I'm going to see if my kenwood changer works with it (i read somwhere it should- only discs 1 to 6 are accesible though out of the 10 available on this unit)
    cheers
    shane

Very Carefully...

There are 4 screws/bolts that hold the stereo in place, 2 each side sort of hidden behind the carpet.

Before you start though, have you got very small hands???

Because you will need then to plug the wiring back into the radio when you put it back and to say it can be a bit fiddly is an understatement...

And, put the car into 2nd/4th to give you a little bit more room taking it out and putting it back.

I cheated and mounted my CD changer behind the drivers seat so didn't have to worry about the route too much but I would guess that the best route would be along the passenger side somehow...

Not sure if the kenwood will work though, I know a lot of the clarion ones do but not sure of the rest...

Ady.

Stereo Removal

Hey Sharpen,

Try this link...

Stereo Removal

Hope this helps.

Hmm, that doesnt work any more!

Wonder if i've still got the page somewhere?

PW
    'Beatless for 4 years now

screw is here!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screw.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	773  
    'Beatless for 4 years now

Thanks Paul that picture probably saved me hours- would'nt have suspected those two screws.
    Well I do have small hands but never thought it'd be that tight. Anyway felt behind the unit for the CD connector and found it in the lower left corner, so didn't have to remove the unit fully to get the changer cable plugged in.
    Sadly, as you suggested Ady, the Kenwood changer is incompatible with the Gathers units so will get one off ebay- there seems to be a good supply of CDC634s on there for ~£20-£30.

THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR HELP AND SUGGESTIONS!!

shane

Originally posted by Sharpen
    so will get one off ebay- there seems to be a good supply of CDC634s on there for ~£20-£30.
    I spent a week on ebay trying to buy one... finally found one that i was winning... only to find Jurek had gone and bought it first hee hee

Damn you Jurek! hee hee

Paid for one though in the end, hopefully should get that by the weekend.

Good luck with your bidding, hope you have more luck than me

I must say sorry to then !!i bid on a cdc634 the other week on Ebay and won it i think it might have been you who strated the bidding?
    OnE DaY i WiLl gEt ThErE.......

D'oh you're all mean to me

Hi the C-bus cable goes under the carpet on the passenger side then through the bulk head via a grommet just under the seat belt mount . You will see the loom going through it. Then to the left of the engine to the cd changer.
    You dont need to remove the radio as the c-bus plug only goes one way on the bottom left (passenge) rear corner.
    its that easy.