Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to look for in buying a Beat?

I love it!

It was me who bought the Z series silver Beat from Scooter. I just thought you'd like to know that I love it (her). Can't wait for better weather to take the top off!

what do you mean "wait for the weather" . I had my top down yesterday!! My theory is , if its not raining all I need is a hat and my fleece and its top down time!

Get a wooly hat if your head gets cold. the car heater will keep you warm. I only put hood on if stationary and raining.
    Enjoy it when others envy

Exclamation

One word of warning though...

Don't put the roof down if it's really cold...

The rear screens on most of the cars are getting on a bit now and if the plastic gets to cold it is possible for them to split...

My mate has got an MGF and he now needs a new rear window because it split when he put the roof down when it was very cold and his is only 5 years old...

I think that un-zipping helps as they don't have to fold as much but it's still not really worth the risk...

Ady.

Good point
    I pour a kettle of warm water on it to softern it.

Ha ha ha - the hard top is great in this weather, although it does mean I can't just take it off if the drive home is nice. As for envy - I never knew sitting in urban traffic jams could be so much fun - lots of pedestrians trying to work out what it is........

Only a minor worry - the battery has gone flat twice when I haven't driven it for a week (the Aussie web site suggests that this is a common problem). Local battery suppliers can't find a replacement because 'its not on the list'. Is there a standard battery from another car that I could just go and ask for? Not urgent - I'm currently using it to drive to work every day with no problems.

I found a DETA replacement.....let me go search the archives.........

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthr...hlight=battery

DETA 52520

Try that!

PW
    'Beatless for 4 years now

Hi Scorch

I recently worked on a beat with the same drain problem, do you have a frequency converter on the radio, so you can receive uk channels? If so make sure its wired into a switched live not a permanent one as it will slowly but surely drain your battery

Just an idea

Michael

What to look for in buying a Beat?

This thread might appear to be a bit of a jumble, but it's a collation of all the queries and answers in numerous threads over the months and years about what to look for in buying a Beat.....

insurance

just to say that i just insured my little beat for £248 with zero no claims (first second car - if you know what i mean) with adrian flux
    cheers
    bob n.

Thats a great price...

Nice one!

PW
    'Beatless for 4 years now

Insurance

£255 with privilege 5yrs NCB fully comp!

It was only £413 for an NSX, but you can't have everything.

James

Talking beats in the US

Hello All,

This is my first post and I would like to say that I have developed a fondness for these little cars and would like very much to have one in my garage!!!

It does not appear, however, that there are many in the US (since I have yet to find one advertised).

I know (and understand) that DOT and EPA rules and regulations keep many desireable motor vehicles out of this country, unfortunately.

Would the small engine displacement be exempt of these government requirements or is this just wishful thinking??

When I lived in Southern California years ago, I purchased a Z600 Honda Coupe using it as a commuter to and from college and just loved it.

Anyone with information about importing one of these please advise!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bruce Garrett
    Bruce Garrett

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12