Thread: Warning

Unhappy Warning

Love your beat!!!

Please the attached photo showing 12 (expesnsive) bent valves, the result of either a Cambelt failure or Dizzy failure, in this case Dizzy failure causing the cam belt to melt yes melt as it tried to leave the drive sprokets and crashed into the engine. Please check your cam belts every 12 months as Honda UK rebuild parts for this damage average at around £600 (just parts)!!!

This was the insides of the Green Honda Beat I bought on E-bay, I had guessed the problem correctly so i did know what i was buying!!! Hopefully OZ will get me my shopping list and again the car will run again. The good news is the engine had done 60,000 miles (100,000Km's) and the bottom end is might fine with no serious signs of cyclinder bore deteriation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valves.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	904  
    Beatproducts UK

ouch...........

ouch, but u will know once its done the engine will be good as new.
    Honda !!
    Performance Solution
    www.performance-solution.co.uk

Unhappy My fingers

My poor hands have taken a good amount of pain and scapes and it is a big strip down to get the old girl apart, labour of love!!

Speical thanks to OZ is sorting me out the parts and Nick Lawernce the guy who sold me a spare engine on ebay!! Now I have to buy only two new valves!!!
    Beatproducts UK

Awwww, oh dear. At least you have a back up. It's been hard work I bet, but it will all be worth it.

Wish you all the luck rebuilding your ickle beat

Parts ordered today, so as soon as they arrive from Honda they'll be on the way!

OZ

Re-Build

Thanks for your kind messages I will take some photo's of the process, It would be a shame for any Beat to meet the scrap yard maker and a Version F has always been my favorite and I have owned a few different colours in the past!!!!

It will take some time but a few engineering projects are on the cards, such as stainless steel manifold including a Decat, (removal of catalist) and maybe a return of the roll hoops which I had made for my first Beat (still have the engineering drawings some where) .

Also I can get another batch of strut braces made if anyone is interested ??

Phil

PS Thanks OZ I cannot wait to hear that unique Raw of the 650 it has been a while!!!
    Beatproducts UK

Big ouch! Feel for you mate, a photographed re-build would be great to see

Hiya,
    Good luck with the build, did that guy contact you about the hood frame?
    Nick