Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fuel consumption??

Thumbs down fuel consumption??

How many km per tank should I be getting?

At the moment I can only fill to 19Lt and getting 240km.

I read that it's a 24Lt tank with a consumption of 27km per Lt. (that's over 600km)

Ruschie

Hi,

Yes the tank is 24l capacity but there's always 5-8litres in every car's tank otherwise you couldn't make it to the gas station. In order for the pump and car to run a certain amount is needed. In other cars it's not that obvious as instead of 50litres you can put in 45.

I get about the same mileage. 240-270km / 18-19 litres. I guess if I'd do more long runs with constant 60km/h then it'd be far better. At the moment I'm doing short trips (1-5kms) plus it's winter so it's not bad at all.

Tom

Where did you read 27km/l? That's 75+mpg!! It may be possible but not on the road.
    I was getting 200 miles (320kms) and not putting 20 liters in unless I'd put my foot down, but 250 ish for short runs round town in winter isn't bad. It's still 36-38 mpg most cars would be lucky to pull half that!
    If it ain't broke, take it apart and see how it works

I think it says on the Honda Beat brochure that if you drive at constant 62km/h or so then you can get 3.7k/100l. I'll try once although this is for NEW cars which could be a bit better I reckon.

Tom

We get approx 310 km out of a 20 litre fill.

This is steady whether we drive around town, distance or fun in the sticks style.

That's about the same as I refill around 18 litres. So I think that's a good average. Which isn't bad for a "sports car"
    Tom

ive managed to go from mine in oswestry to SPilsby on one tank of Optiflop
    Honda Beat for time to get away from stress and the big bad world.

Next time you are in Spilsby, let us know, we are only 12 miles away!!!

ooh i'm in skeggy next week!

PW
    'Beatless for 4 years now

Will you be bringing the Beat with you?

Alas no, its over in ireland now, sold to midship!

I'm over there with work
    'Beatless for 4 years now

One of the big reasons I bought my Beat was for the claimed gas mileage. Are you sure you guys aren't just driving with your foot up the ITB's?

I'm really hoping to get 50 US MPG from the car when I get it. Am I going to be sorely disappointed? Perhaps I won't be able to keep my foot out of it either?

Mine does about 50mpg. Or rather it can do, but grabbing it by the scruff of its neck and driving the wheels off it is sooo damn addictive i'm generally in the low 40s. Depends on my mood really. If it's a beautiful summers day and the roof's down, i might just cruise along and not have to wring it right into the redline. Thus, it can be really good on gas. But if there's ever a car that inspires you to drive it as its manufacturer intended, the Beat is that car.

Marge
    "Three is not the correct number of wheels for a powered vehicle"

2001 1.4 Civic 5door.

Quote Originally Posted by DaX View Post
    One of the big reasons I bought my Beat was for the claimed gas mileage. Are you sure you guys aren't just driving with your foot up the ITB's?

I'm really hoping to get 50 US MPG from the car when I get it. Am I going to be sorely disappointed? Perhaps I won't be able to keep my foot out of it either?
    i'll swap fuel price with you, around 90p litre here, you pay equivalent 35-40p litre & you're worried about getting 50mpg
    once you drive it you'll be lucky to get 25mpg

Quote Originally Posted by old'uns View Post
    i'll swap fuel price with you, around 90p litre here, you pay equivalent 35-40p litre & you're worried about getting 50mpg
    once you drive it you'll be lucky to get 25mpg
    Right now prices are around $2/US gal, which is 27p/L, but that doesn't mean I don't want to get more miles for my gallon! I'm sure I'll have some spirited driving, but I will at least push for 60+ MPG (US) by being light on the throttle for a whole tank. Discipline, discipline.

90p/L!! That's $6.67/US gal! OUCH!

I'm sure I'll have some spirited driving, but I will at least push for 60+ MPG (US) by being light on the throttle for a whole tank. Discipline, discipline.

90p/L!! That's $6.67/US gal! OUCH!
    glad you're thinking of only taking it easy for one tank!

The problem you are going to have is the difference in size between US & UK Gallons...

1 UK Gallon = 4.546 Litres

BUT

1 US Gallon = 3.785 Litres

So, If someone over here was getting approx 50mpg (uk), you would only be getting approx 40mpg (us) over there...

When I had mine, I used to average 30mpg but there was quite a lot of town driving in that and when I took it to work, it was only 7 miles each way split between town & dual caridgeway.

If I took it on a run though and kept a control on the speed (keeping it @ approx 60) then I used to get 50+ fairly regulary.

Hope this helps, (& hasn't put you off)

Ady.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianp View Post
    The problem you are going to have is the difference in size between US & UK Gallons...

1 UK Gallon = 4.546 Litres

BUT

1 US Gallon = 3.785 Litres

So, If someone over here was getting approx 50mpg (uk), you would only be getting approx 40mpg (us) over there...

When I had mine, I used to average 30mpg but there was quite a lot of town driving in that and when I took it to work, it was only 7 miles each way split between town & dual caridgeway.

If I took it on a run though and kept a control on the speed (keeping it @ approx 60) then I used to get 50+ fairly regulary.

Hope this helps, (& hasn't put you off)

Ady.
    Regardless of the mileage I get, I am not put off by this car.

I'm getting my figures from the claim from Honda of 27.0 km/L @ 60 km/h - this comes out to 63.5 US MPG. I don't understand, but they also list a separate figure for "10 mode" (what is this?) of 17.2 km/L - which comes to 40.5 US MPG.

Either way, I will be happy if I can consistently get 40+ US MPG tanks out of the car. I think this will be entirely achievable as long as I drive somewhat conservative.

As you say,

27Km/L @ 60Kph = 76mpg (63mpg (US)) @ 37mph

Although I know here in the UK, no-one really drives @ 37mph, you are either stuck in town traffic or belting down the motorway somewhere... lol

I'd guess that the 10-mode is the more usefull one to go for as it seems to cover more of a range of driving I believe.

Also we also have to remember that these figures were:

A) released by the factory to make the cars look appealing, and
    B) The car was brand new, not 12yrs old...

As for driving conservitively (sp) once you get the feel for throwing the Beat around, I think that might be a bit difficult...lol (I know it is with my Impreza anyway )

Ady.

Regardless of the mileage I get, I am not put off by this car.

I'm getting my figures from the claim from Honda of 27.0 km/L @ 60 km/h - this comes out to 63.5 US MPG. I don't understand, but they also list a separate figure for "10 mode" (what is this?) of 17.2 km/L - which comes to 40.5 US MPG.

Either way, I will be happy if I can consistently get 40+ US MPG tanks out of the car. I think this will be entirely achievable as long as I drive somewhat conservative.
    i'd have thought 10-mode was 10/10ths,100% or put simply ..'pedal to the metal' as i found out on motorway when it hit the limiter in top 140k/m on the dot.
    now i know not to get stuck in outside lane with all those nasty BM's , Mercs, rep cars et al

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast