Thread: Help.. bodypanel required.

help Help.. bodypanel required.

Have you or any beat owner you know of got a rear quarter panel on the drivers side in good condition 2nd hand or new.
    This is the panel outer that starts just below the drivers door and ends up at the rear tailight (has the BEAT midship amusement sticker).
    The dreaded tin worm has attacked my panel so i'd like to replace it with a good un ....... in red would be ideal but i'm not fussed about colour if the condition is ok.
    Funny thing is i've got a spare rear quarter panel in red but for the passenger side.
    Cheers Lee.

Its not a bolt on panel. its part of the main structure of the car and is spot welded on.

To replace it you have to drill out all the spot welds, grind back the joining faces and weld a new panel on.

The panel it self is not massively expensive, but quite time consuming and involved to do.

Here is a pic of the job in progress.

HTH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2003_0315_140051aa.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	1030  
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Steve is 100% right, this is no Sunday job and not an easy one. It will be a hudge cost.
    I have a dream

Thankyou for the info Steve & Adam in which the amount of work involved replacing the panel is duly noted.
    Piccy was also helpful.
    Does not seem like there are many spare body panels out there for sale due to lack of responce of this thread.Is the Japan yahoo auction site the only answer for body panels or would your local Honda dealer (with the right info) order from Japan.
    My MOT guy let the rusty parts (along the sill on both sides where the floor meets the bottom of the sill especially near the rear wheels..water trap) slide this time on the basis i weld/plate them up. This i will do in summer.
    Meanwhile my rear quarter panel (drivers side) has rust above the
    rear wheel whch needs plating now.If panels are just not available i will have to weld/plate a piece in.
    Ilike my Beat but i'll like it even more when its completly rust free.
    Ltr Lee.

Hi Steve, where did you get the rear wings from- are they available through Honda UK, and what's the approximate cost? Mine's going th same crunchy way... Best regards, Tim.

Rear quarter panels were available via Honda uk dealers, not sure if they still are, would have to check stock. Not cheap thou now. Out of office rest of week, but will see if I can check while away.
    Last edited by Steve_M; 01-05-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!

R/H Panel 04636-SS1-300ZZ @ £328.79 Inc VAT

L/H Panel 04646-SS1-300ZZ @ £225.59 Inc VAT

No stock in Europe for either of these panels, ETA would be early June 2012, if ordered now.

HTH
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!