Thread: Annual Classic Car show at Rolls Royce, Hucknall

Smile Annual Classic Car show at Rolls Royce, Hucknall

We're invited again to the Classic car show at Rolls Royce, Hucknall on Sunday 24th June. (Unfortunately, this clashes with the JAPSHOW at Santa Pod).

It's always a good show with a wide range of cars and, although it's called a "Classic" show, it's not restricted just to older cars, but lots of other interesting models too. They're always keen to see the Beats, although last year, sadly, there were only two (and a Skyline, posing as a Beat!)

If it doesn't clash with something else you're going to, it's a good day out with wide access to the RR site, where they build and test the new Airbus engines, amongst other things. Much of the test equipment is open to see. There are usually a few interesting planes buzzing about too e.g. Spitfire, Hurricane, Hunter, etc.

Entry is free, but you'll need a pass to access the main site, so let me know before 13 May if you're coming and I'll arrange the "club" space and the passes.

John
    Last edited by jcs; 05-04-2007 at 06:25 PM.
    Law of relativity: The sensation of speed is directly related to how close your bum is to the ground - try karting!

Anyone going to ...

... the Hucknall show?

If so, please let me know by 13 May so that I can arrange passes for access to the RR site.

Cheers
    John
    Law of relativity: The sensation of speed is directly related to how close your bum is to the ground - try karting!

I'd like to go, but sadly Japshow is same day and I've already paid for the tickets

JapShow .vs. RR Hucknall

For those amongst us with snazzy hi-tech paintjobs, I can understand the attraction of the Japshow with all its snazzy, snappy, hi-tech cars, against the more laid back, genteel nature of the RR show which, these days, seems to suit me better ... plus, it's only a couple of miles up the road from me! Enjoy the Japshow, m'dear.

Think I'd rather go to the nice laid back show, but I've already paid for the tickets hee hee

John,

I havn't been around for ages but I was wondering if this show was on again this year..... any chance of a pass again? I know I'm late, but only just came to mind. I enjoyed it last year and this year it would be nice to park with the little Hondas.

RR Hucknall

No problem - I'll get you a pass . Just remind me of your car details (Make, Model, Year, Reg etc.) and I can either hold the pass for you on the day, or mail it to you (PM me details if you want the latter).

Cheers
    John

Make: Honda
    Model: NSX
    Year: 1991
    Reg: J999NSX

Not going to Supercar Sunday the weekend before by any chance are you?

Just don't travel to this event in a convoy ......

http://pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=16378

Wassaconvoy?

I'm afraid that might be a convoy of two Beats. However, there WILL doubtless be convoys of other vehicles, of various vintages, en route to the show. Also, I wonder if they'd notice a convoy of mixed modern vehicles - Mondeos, Astras, Corsas, Volvos etc?

Worraloadatosh! Only in snotinghame.