Thread: The price of a beat?

The price of a beat?

How much is a beat worth?

My beat has been for sale since January and I get 2 emails a week from people offering about 2k for it. The beats on ebay usually show reserve not met. Yet, any beat that shows up on autotrader are priced nearer 4k and are usually there a while.

There aren't that many about and judging by the number of emails I get there is plenty of demand for beats...

Are they really only worth 2k?

James

2 top 2.5k sounds about right for a Beat. Although they are ufairly unique they are a 15-16 year old car with known problems with cambelts. Any buyer is going to budget in for giving the car a full service and that will affect the price.
    I bought my Beat in January from a trader on the Autotrader webiste and paid 2,200. Originally, he had priced it at 3,500 but couldn't sell it for that and I managed to beat (excuse the pun) him down on the price. I wonder whether I might have been able to go lower but don't feel I did a bad deal.

I paid 2,500 for mine from a privately owned garage, but those on ebay tend to go for around 1,600 - 1,800 depending on condition. I would say 2,000 is a resonable price to ask for a good condition one, or maybe more for a really mint one.

Yep, 2k is a good price these days, maybe 2750 for a really nice one with FSH etc. Specials attract a premium (like the Version Z and erm... F...oooh and C)
    I'd love a nice clean original Version C....

Seen Z's change hands into 4k..

PW
    'Beatless for 4 years now

Just bought My Version Z for 3000 although that was in Japan, it's cost me another 1000 to get it 'home', but with documented 36k KM FHSH and one owner, it's really what I was looking for. I'm lucky enough that the Beat is a 'weekend fun car' so my plans are to keep it for many years.

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>
    >>>gone, but not forgotten<<<

Have you got a link to your Beat?

As regards to price, I would regard 2,000 as my top wack for a Beat. As has been posted, they are now old cars and will need expensive work as a matter of course.
    If your car don't rev to 8,500+rpm it sucks!

Well in that case...

Beat no longer for sale.

J

Future Classic ?

This thread appears a little downbeat about the prices of our Beats. Lets face it we all bought one because we love the look and it is hilarious to drive. Yes it is a fifteen year old car, yes there are problems, but I believe the uniqueness of the Beats (and their rarity) will start pushing prices up.

We all own a piece of automotive history, not some piece of GM or Ford crap produced in its zillions.I think the Beat is a future classic, we should treat them as such and price them high when we sell.
    I love the smell of Nitrox in the morning !

1992 Beat
    2000 Seicento Sporting
    2000 Landrover Freelander to tow them home with

Really a selling price is set by the buyers though.

You could ask a million pounds for one but you'd never sell it, or if you do, share some of the money with us hey?

Beat Prices

I will join the debate, the beat prices are very good in Japan but it cost at least a 1000 to get one over as previously shown hence you can pick a good 1991 in Japan for about 1000 hence landed on the road in the UK about 2000 would be the bottom line.

The good news is the Beat is a good cheap sports car to run, cheaper car tax and good fuel consumption.

Most Insurance companies reconise them and I get covered for around 200 a year, but I am old Fart (34)!!!

What you need to be is a little handy and do some of your own maintenance and source alternative parts!!!

Keep um good and clean and running well and they will be worth a few quid the older they get
    Beatproducts UK

Quote Originally Posted by Beatproducts View Post
    Most Insurance companies reconise them and I get covered for around 200 a year, but I am old Fart (34)!!!

Please tell me who, cos I'm an old fart as well (35) and I can't get anywhere close to under 300. I know there are a lot of deciding factors, but I have max NCB, live in a nice area and garage the car!

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>

Tesco, AA, Adrian Flux, Privilege

Try limiting the milage if you can

PW
    'Beatless for 4 years now

Tesco was the cheapest at 341

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>

Insurance

That is easy, your going for fully comp, as my old bucket cost me 700 and owes me a little more I insure her third party fire and theft !!!

Like you I only use her in the summer, due to all the leaks

That to me looks a good deal for fully comp!!!

Phil
    Beatproducts UK