Thread: The cost of Parts

Thumbs down The cost of Parts

The Beat is nearing it's 'legal' completion having passed it's MOT.
    I've done a number a non essentail jobs along the way and she's now looking alot better. I thought I'd replace the wiper arms since the old ones had seen better days, imagine my horror when I was told by my dealer how much they cost......

£113.25

SH!T!!!!!!!!!!

just don't tell the wife!

<<<<<<<VERSION Z>>>>>>
    >>>gone, but not forgotten<<<

What wrong with the old ones?

They all go a bit tatty. A can of spray paint and a wire brush will sort them out!
    "I don't need power, It is all about balance. If I have more balance, then I don't need the power" Katsuhiro Ueo Champion Drifter

marcair Guest
    If you want to salvage them, locate a sand or bead blaster. This is a quick, easy way to clear down to the bare metal. Next, warm the oven no more than 150-175 degrees with the arms inside to expand the pores. With the metal warm, spray paint - remember muliple coats are better than 1 thick coat. Return to the oven to bake and slowly cool. The paint is then alot more durable.

I use the oven frequently. I did my calipers years ago. Holding-up fine.

I use the oven frequently.
    Your significant other must love you.....
    'Beatless for 4 years now

marcair Guest
    When I was a little dude, a quarter would get my yonger brother out of the house to the arcade. Now, it's a whole lot more to get more for the honey to go shopping.